In this section of our game guide you can find out where where the Solari comes from in Dune Spice Wars. We explain how to generate Solari credits by trading Spice and using Processing Plants and provide information on where you can spend them.
- What is Solari?
- How to obtain more Solari?
- How to improve the CHOAM Spice exchange rate
- Solari deficit
What is Solari?
Solari is the main currency in the game. It's being used almost everywhere, that is, for building the army and construction of key structures or for paying the maintenance costs of units and buildings. By hovering over the icon, you will see the current income and expenditure of the currency. Make sure that you generate constant income, at least as much as possible.
How to obtain more Solari?
Basic sources of income:
- Acquiring Spice and exchanging it for Solari - this rate changes over time, and it is worth saving some of the Spice for Tax / Bribe. Research is available for certain factions that increase trading profits.
- Pillage - factions can raid neutral (not Atreides) and enemy villages to loot them. Usually, the income does not exceed 500 Solari.
- Acquire raw material in specific areas with deposits of Rare Elements by building a Processing Plant there. These are places with the yellow resource that allow you to generate 30 Solari after building the aforementioned building in the local village - research required: Structural Warehouses .
- Agent tasks: Infiltration of CHOAM (by default you get 5 Solari for each agent assigned to the task).
- The Sietch attacks (1300 Solari for a successful attack). However, this results in the maximum reduction in reputation with them.
- Some Sietches offer Solari for Water (usually 20 Solari for 10 Water).
- Examination of Points of Interest (Ornithopter) - about 300 Solari. Only some of them offer Solari. This is the best way to earn money early in the game (apart from looting).
- Some factions have unique ways of earning money. For example, in case of Smugglers it will be the Black Market ( an interesting place ).
- Base buildings - especially the Recruitment Office, which allows you to gain Solari as 0.5% of the total number of Hegemony points. Another example is the Embassy building, which allows you to generate Solari for Infiltration of the Landsraad .
- In addition, by checking the Research, you can learn about specific sources of income for specific factions, such as gain of Solari due to a high reputation level or gain of Solari by improving the CHOAM exchange rate. You can also earn money, for example, from excessive production of Water or Fuel Cells.
Generating Solari is crucial, but reducing the maintenance costs of buildings and armies is equally important. Check the available options in Research and Base buildings. Over time, it may be worth getting rid of some production buildings that cost you too much to maintain. The key building here is the Maintenance Center building, which lowers the region's maintenance costs and the adjacent building maintenance costs by 30%.
Another interesting way of passive income: by unlocking the Negotiation Tactics (Espionage) research you will receive a Drop Box at your Base every 10 minutes. You can get Influence from it, but also about 600 Solari.
How to improve the CHOAM Spice exchange rate
The current exchange rate in CHOAM is shown in the upper left corner. By opening the spice report you will find out what is the assumed exchange rate for the next period. Based on this, you can decide when to save and when to spend the Spice (remembering about bribes / taxes). However, you can increase the exchange rate.
- Increasing the exchange rate by the Resolution. It can be up to 30%. It is for this reason that it is worth having a large amount of Votes and Influence in Landsraad.
- Bribes and Taxes for Landsraad - this is slightly different for each faction, but usually leads to an improvement of the exchange rate. Skipping even a one-time payment can ruin the entire accumulated bonus.
- Position in Landsraad Standing - even if you don't care about position when playing as Harkonnen or Atreides, keeping Landsraad Standing at low level will result in a penalty to the exchange rate, while a high position will guarantee up to 20% higher rate.
- Research : Economic lobbying - permanently improves the exchange rate by 10% (yellow tree, last position on the right).
You can check the current factors affecting the increase or decrease of the exchange rate by hovering the cursor over the current exchange rate in the upper left corner of the user interface.
An easy form of passive income boost is a trade agreement in form of a Treaty with other factions: it results in a 15% increase in Solari income for both sides. You can make several contracts at the same time, increasing the Solari generation rate by 45%. Note, however, that each treaty reduces your Power growth by 1 point ( except for treaties with Atreides ).
The Solari deficit results in:
- -50% of current Knowledge (research speed),
- -100% Agents recruitment speed (i.e. without bonuses, recruitment is suspended),
- -5 Landsraad Standing (as negative production - you will lose position over time).