Dredge: All Obelisks Dredge guide, tips
You will be able to come across mysterious rock formations while traveling on the ocean. On this page of the game guide you will find the locations of all Obelisks, as well as their contents. You will also learn instructions on how to activate them.
Last update: Wednesday, April 26, 2023
The following page lists all the Obelisks you'll come across in Dredge. We explain how to activate them and what message they have.
- How to activate an Obelisk?
- Obelisks - The Marrows
- Obelisks - Twisted Strand
- Obelisks - Devil's Spine
- Obelisks - Stellar Basin
- Obelisks - Gale Cliffs
How to activate an Obelisk?
Obelisks are black rock structures that, at first glance, do not stand out. If your Panic level gets high, purple symbols will appear on the rocks. This means that such an object can be activated.
Swim to the Obelisk and interact with it using F key (PC), X button (PS) or A button (Xbox). Moreover, a text of a story will appear in the dialogue box. The content varies depending on the Obelisk you visit.
Unfortunately, apart from the possibility to read a story, activating the Obelisk doesn't give you any stat bonuses or new equipment.
Obelisks - The Marrows
Related map marker: Obelisk #1 @ Dredge Map
Related map marker: Obelisk #3 @ Dredge Map
Related map marker: Obelisk #2 @ Dredge Map
- #1 - West of the Greater Marrow township.
- Text: The town of Greater Marrow burns. The lighthouse lies collapsed, its light extinguished. A red glow fills the sky behind a cyclone that drains the world.
- #2 - On Blackstone Isle, right next to the dock.
- Text: Dark rocks erupt from the earth, piercing through buildings and trees. Through sand and crashing waves. Through the basalt pillars of this island. The newborn structures crackle with an unknown energy, crimson lightning arcing between them. The earth shifts once more and the stones lie still.
- #3 - An island east of the Stell Point dock.
- Text: A ship, tossed by waves in the night. Fog unfolds like a blanket from the deck, spilling across the ocean and crashing against the land. A distant lighthouse flickers a signal.
Obelisks - Twisted Strand
Related map marker: Obelisk #5 @ Dredge Map
Related map marker: Obelisk #4 @ Dredge Map
- #4 - Behind the Camp dock.
- Text: A man flees through the trees, bloodshot eyes wide with terror. He runs into a dead end; cornered by the murky waters and his pursuer, he turns. A wooden spear flies and finds its mark.
- #5 - On the southeastern island of the Twisted Strand archipelago.
- Text: A parasite burrows into a large snakelike carcass. It feeds, growing fat and multiplying. Tendrils sprout from the head of the body and sense the water around it. The host corpse shudders reluctantly. With a cry that resounds through the forest, it rises once again.
Obelisks - Devil's Spine
Related map marker: Obelisk #6 @ Dredge Map
Related map marker: Obelisk #7 @ Dredge Map
- #6 - On the northern island of Devil's Spine.
- Text: A leviathan raises its vast gray head, stretching up, up until it sits level with a bright flame cradled at the top of the ancient lighthouse. It watches the fire for a while, tilting its head and calling softly to it with a guttural song. Appearing satisfied, the beast slinks down into the water, gliding back to the depths.
- #7 - Ruins in the north-eastern part of Devil's Spine.
- Text: Blackness. A crimson rift opens in the void. Dreadful silhouettes drift through in a procession of teeth and tentacles. After the last grotesque figure emerges, a membrane spreads over the fissure. A distant groan emanates from the space beyond.
Obelisks - Stellar Basin
Related map marker: Obelisk #9 @ Dredge Map
Related map marker: Obelisk #8 @ Dredge Map
- #8 - On the northern island of Stellar Basin.
- Text: The green glimmer of an aurora blooms in the night sky above the resort. A distant boom shakes the thatched rooves and rouses dreamers from their sleep. The waters withdraw, exposing the coral to the warm air. Confused creatures chitter and seek out their hiding places. Moments later the waters return; crashing, seeing, sweeping souls out to sea.
- #9 - Eastern part of the southern island of Stellar Basin.
- Text: A spore floats in the water, adrift in the current. Fish feast in a frenzy above, devouring its kin. The spore lands in the thick silt of the sea floor. Its roots stretch down into the seabed, growing - extending towards what lies beneath.
Obelisks - Gale Cliffs
Related map marker: Obelisk #11 @ Dredge Map
Related map marker: Obelisk #10 @ Dredge Map
- #10 - An island on the west side of Gale Cliffs, south of Ingfell.
- Text: A heart of stone wrapped in a twisting tail. A serpentine body uncoils, teeth rasping at its earthen shell. Larger now. Bursting through the cliffs, sending rocks tumbling into the water. An eye opens to this new world.
- #11 - An island in the southern part of the Gale Cliffs archipelago.
- Text: A blustery wind screams through the cliffs, diving and turning. It passes over a large wooden ship at anchor, all flags filling suddenly. A skinless face appears on the fluttering fabric. A wail of terror rises from the crew.