Dredge: All Rock Slabs Dredge guide, tips
In Dredge you will be able to come across mysterious shrines with hidden puzzles. On this page of the game guide you will find solutions to all 4 additional Rock Slabs. We also inform you about their locations, rewards for completion and what animals you must catch.
Last update: Friday, April 14, 2023
On the following page, you will read about all the locations where you can find Rock Slabs, i.e. shrines with puzzles. We also provide a list of animals to catch, as well as information on what rewards await you for successfully completing these side activities.
To find the fish and crabs needed to solve the Rock Slab puzzles faster, use our Interactive map.
The Marrows Rock Slab
Related map marker: The Marrows Rock Slab @ Dredge Map
The first Rock Slab can be found on the shore of the island north of Greater Marrow.
- Required fish: 5x Cod - you will find numerous fisheries during the day throughout The Marrows.
- Reward: Sinew Spindle rod (allows you to catch Shallow and Coastal fish, 6% fishing speed bonus).
You must arrange the fish so that they cover all the slots in the shrine. You can rotate the animals with the right mouse button (PC), L1/R1 (PS) or LB/RB (Xbox). For more information on the puzzle mechanics, check out How to solve Rock Slab puzzles? page.
Twisted Strand Rock Slab
Related map marker: Twisted Strand Rock Slab @ Dredge Map
This shrine is located in the eastern part of Twisted Strand. The easiest way will be to sail around the island.
- Required fish: 1x Abberation - you have to catch any Abberation fish. There are plenty of fishing spots in Twisted Strand, so sooner or later you'll come across the required specimen. Look for points with a colorful glow.
- Reward: Tendon Rod (allows you to catch Shallow, Mangrove and Oceanic fish, 28% fishing speed bonus).
Just place 1 Abberation fish. You don't have to fill all the slots.
Gale Cliffs Rock Slab
Related map marker: Gale Cliffs Rock Slab @ Dredge Map
Sail around the Gale Cliffs archipelago. You will find the Rock Slab in the east side of the area.
- Required crabs: 1x Decorator Crab, 2x Rock Crab - crabs can be caught by setting traps in the Gale Cliffs area. You can buy the devices at the Shipyard in the nearby Dusty Pontoon. Check the traps later to collect the crabs.
- Reward: Crab Pot Mouth of the Deep (allows you to catch crabs for 10 days).
Arrange the crabs as shown in the picture above to complete the puzzle.
Stellar Basin Rock Slab
Related map marker: Stellar Basin Rock Slab @ Dredge Map
This Rock Slab can be found on an island east of the main islands of the Stellar Basin region.
- Required fish: 1x Ghost Shark, 1x Hammerhead Shark, 1x Blacktip Reef Shark, 1x Bronze Whealer.
- Reward: Viscera Crane (allows you to catch Hadal and Abyssal fish, 55% fishing speed bonus).
Arrange 4 sharks so that they cover all the slots. Animals take up a lot of space in the cargo, so you can deliver them one at a time. The fish placed in the shrine will not disappear until you remove them from there.
In Dredge, there are 3 more Rock Slabs in the Devil's Spine area. You have to complete them to finish one of the main quests. The walkthrough for both the quest and the Rock Slabs mentioned above can be found on the Flames in the Deep page.