This chapter of the guide features a description of most important gameplay modes in Dreams for PlayStation 4.
At the beginning of the game, you must select your imp and complete a short tutorial. The game will introduce you step by step to the absolute basics of the game world, controls, and its atmosphere. After the prologue, jump to the interactive game menu. There you can select game options and one of a few options. Counting from the left, there are:
- Homespace Editor - This option will be fully available later in the production. In this mode, you can freely modify your "home" area in which you land between playing dreams of other users. It's an interactive lobby of sort. You can freely improve it by collecting Prize Bubbles or completing Imp Quests. It's also your visiting card - your friends can visit you here, so you should make sure your mini-kingdom is comfortable.
- Dream Surfing - The main mode of Dreams and the pillar of the game. Here you can visit dreams of other players and activate their various projects. Here you will find games created by developers and Dreams community. Many of the games are very complex and show the power of the editor - you can find here games from genres like FPS or RPG.
- Community Jam - This mode is similar to the previous one with the exception that it presents dreams from a specific category. Each week, the developers select a different topic and the community adds their projects to it. The best projects are awarded unique badges. As a player, you can play these dreams and enjoy the creativity of other players.
- Dream Shaping - Another powerful mode in which you can create basically everything. The creator features many options and enables users to create unique projects, games, or music videos. Starting to use it is quite easy - there are many tutorials that present each aspect of the creator. You can create various projects, browse your projects, or modify the dreams you created.
- Name of your account - here you will find your imp, detailed information about selected games and preferences, and you can access your house in the game.