This guide to Dread Hunger is a large compendium of knowledge about this original multiplayer survival game. The detailed information and advice listed in our guide will help you learn all the most important game mechanics and teach you the basics of combat and survival.
The first major chapter focuses on the basics of Dread Hunger. This chapter opens with a page with useful starting tips that should be read by all players who are just starting their adventure with this interesting survival production. On separate pages in this chapter, we cover such important topics as character classes, the art of survival, crafting, and poker.
The second extensive chapter of this guide to Dread Hunger is the FAQ with answers to frequently asked questions. On separate pages, we explain, among other things, what happens after the hero dies, who Thrall is, how to repair the ship, how to open the armory door, the effects of cannibalism, and how to destroy an iceberg, and how to get the Bone Key.
Our guide to Dread Hunger closes the Appendix chapter, where you can find, among others PC hardware requirements, a detailed list of controls, and information on the Polish language version.
- Dread Hunger: Quick beginner's tips
- Dread Hunger: Basics
- Dread Hunger: FAQ
- Dread Hunger: PC system requirements
- Dread Hunger: Language versions
Dread Hunger: Quick beginner's tips
- Tutorial: if this is your first contact with Dread Hunger, it is worth spending about 25 minutes to complete the tutorial. With this, you will learn the basics of survival, as well as learn the combat system and how to produce various useful items;
- Map: create a private lobby and spend some time exploring the maps of Dread Hunger - learn where to find supplies and nitro, where are the enemies, etc. This way you will gain an advantage over players who didn't take their time to familiarize themselves with the map;
- Fall damage: In Dread Hunger, you can take damage when you fall from a greater height. Before you decide to jump down, make sure you survive the fall;
- Quickly collecting items: Instead of dragging items to the inventory bar, just click on them with RMB and they will appear in the free slot. If you want to transfer more units of the same item, hold Control and press the RMB;
- Wood: Collect wood, which can be used in many ways: as a weapon, to make items, to light a fire, or to repair a ship;
- Food: in order to survive, you will need a lot of food, so try to collect it from the beginning of the game;
- Heat: In Dread Hunger it is very important to keep your body warm, and this can be done in several ways: lighting a fire (if you have materials), using a lamp, cooking, and staying in the cabin;
- Times of day: It's best to schedule your exploration and collection of materials during the day. The nights in Dread Hunger are much colder, and when you leave the ship after dark, you expose yourself vulnerable to danger.
More tips for Dread Hunger can be found on the Beginner's guide page.
Dread Hunger: Basics
In our guide to the basics of Dread Hunger, In addition to useful tips for getting started, you will find information and tips related to the basic gameplay mechanics.
- Measures of Survival: Surviving in Dread Hunger depends on many factors, including the three basic measures of survival: hunger, body temperature, and life. After reading this page, you will learn how to ensure that all of your character's vital functions are kept at a high level.
- Crafting: in Dread Hunger, players can craft useful items and food, which is why it is a very important element of the game. On this page of the guide, you will learn how to use workbenches.
- Characters: Dread Hunger allows Players to take on the role of one of 8 character classes, each with their own strengths as well as weaknesses. If you want to know which character class is the best, be sure to check out this page of our guide.
- Poker - Rules of the Game: Each game in Dread Hunger begins with a five-card draw poker hand. From this page of this guide, you will learn the rules of the game, as well as the hierarchy of card hands and what can be won.
Dread Hunger: FAQ
If you want to know more about Dread Hunger, review the following questions that answer key questions about this production. You can find answers to other important issues on separate pages of our guide in the FAQ chapter.
- Thrall - who is he?: On this page, you can find out who the mysterious Thrall is and what his role in the game is.
- Death - does it end the game?: Survival is the most important thing in Dread Hunger, but what happens if something bad will happen to the character in the game and you are excluded from the game? On this page, we explain whether death in Dread Hunger is the definitive end.
- Ship - how to repair?: The hull of the ship is not indestructible and you can be sure that in many games you will have to deal with the problem of a leaking ship. On this page, we suggest how to effectively repair leaks and save your ship from sinking.
- Armory - how to get to it?: The armory is the only room on the ship that has been locked since the beginning of the game. After reading this page, you will learn how to open the door of the armory, as well as what is inside.
- Cannibalism - What Are the Effects?: during the game, a situation may occur in which your character becomes a cannibal. From this page, you will learn about the effects of eating human flesh in the Dread Hunger.
- Iceberg - how to destroy?: The iceberg is the last obstacle between you and your victory in Dread Hunger. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to destroy it, so it is worth knowing how to prepare for such a task.
- Bone key - how to get it?: bone keys in Dread Hunger are used to open locked containers with items, as well as to open the gates of the jail aboard the ship. From this page you will learn how to get them.
Dread Hunger: PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit;
- Processor: Quad Core 2.5 GHz;
- Graphics: 2 GB GeForce GTX 760/3 GB Radeon R9 280 or better;
- RAM: 8 GB;
- Disk space: 15 GB HDD.
More information, including the recommended hardware requirements for Dread Hunger on PC, can be found on the Hardware requirements page.
Dread Hunger: Language versions
In Dread Hunger, you can only enable dubbing in one language (English), and subtitles have been translated into more than a dozen other languages.
You can read more about it on a separate page of the guide: the Polish language version.
About Dread Hunger Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : March 21, 2022
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Dread Hunger Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Dread Hunger Team
- publisher: Digital Confectioners
- platform: PC