This page of the Doom Eternal trophy guide will show you how to get Master of Fasting trophy/achievement. You get this bronze trophy for completing any mission with the Famine Mode enabled.
The first step is to get a floppy disk that unlocks famine mode. This is possible in mission 10 - Nekravol. The location of the floppy disk is shown in the picture above. It is one of the optional areas guarded by e.g. a Marauder. You can reach the floppy disk by jumping into the small hole.
Upon returning to the Fortress of Doom, interact with the Mission Select computer.
We recommend choosing mission 1 - Hell On Earth. It is the simplest and easiest way to fulfill the achievement's requirements. Don't start mission 1 right away. Go to the cheat selection menu (press Square in the PS4 version). Select Famine Mode cheat as the only active.
In the Famine Mode, defeated demons leave no loot like health, armor, or ammunition. This isn't a very big problem, but we still recommend you follow the tips below:
- Try to get the trophy after you have completed the campaign - you will have all available weapons. This will allow you to switch to another weapon once your current ammunition supply is depleted.
- Choose the easiest difficulty level - I'm too Young to Die. This will allow you to kill demons more easily and reduce the risk of losing huge amounts of health and armor points.
- Fight only those demons whose death is required to unlock the passage to the next location. You can simply run past the others.
- Rely on grenades - you have an unlimited stock of them. All you have to do is wait for the skill to recharge.
- Individual demons can also be killed with glory kills and the chainsaw (a single chainsaw fuel "charge" restores over time).
- Keep an eye out for loot lying on the ground, especially for health packs and ammunition.
The trophy should get unlocked on the mission summary screen.