This page of our guide to Doom Eternal explains which armor upgrades are the best. We also advise which Praetor Suit Upgrades are the best - each upgrade guarantees a separate passive bonus to the statistics of your hero. We indicate which upgrades are especially useful during the initial stages of the game.
How to unlock new armor enhancements?
The Praetor Suit worn by the main character can be upgraded by using the Praetor Suit Points. These tokens are one of collectibles in Doom Eternal - you have to find spectre knights in the game world. Each of them will give you 1 Praetor Suit Point.
Which armor upgrades are the best?
You can spend Praetor Suit Points in the Suit tab in the pause menu. Each upgrade costs from 1 to 5 tokens (points). The good news is that all upgrades are immediately available for purchase. You don't have to buy them one by one like in a skill tree.
There are more Praetor Suit Points to find in the game world than available Suit upgrades. Therefore, you should be able to purchase all suit improvements before you enter the final battles of the game.
Here are our recommendations for the best Praetor Suit Upgrades that should be acquired in the first place:
- Item Finder (Exploration category; 3 points) - You can discover the location of all important items / collectibles on the automap. Get interested in this improvement if you don't want to follow all information which we have included in the Secrets section of our guide.
- Hazard Protection - (Environment category; 1 point) - You can use the Rad Suit longer when you come into contact with toxic water. This improvement is useful in the later stages of the story campaign when you have to run through dangerous surfaces or dive into toxic reservoirs. Remember that when your Rad Suit wears off, you'll start losing health/armor points quickly.
- Thicker Skin - (Environment category; 2 points) - The hero is immune to exploding barrels. This is a useful feature that allows you to fight more aggressively against demons without the risk of suddenly losing a large number of health or armor points.
- Explosive Pinatas - (Environment category; 2 points) - When you have this upgrade, exploding barrels will leave some ammo on the ground. This is especially useful when playing on higher difficulty levels and generally in those battles where there are not many weaker demons that can be easily defeated with chainsaw.
- Combustion Concussion (Frag Grenade category; 3 points) - The exploding Frag Grenade can additionally release a second charge to stun your opponents. This can be useful in stunning some of demons. Also, you can use it to perform more Glory Kills.
- Frag Stock Up (Frag Grenade category; 5 points) - This is a very expensive upgrade, but it offers a lot of help. It allows you to throw two frag grenades before cooldown. This greatly increases the usefulness of grenades in attacking and weakening monsters.
- Grappler (Fundamentals category; 1 points) - The greatest advantage of this upgrade is that it is very cheap. The hero can climb ledges and platforms much faster and grab hand-handles or climbing rods. It's useful in those locations where you need to solve puzzles on time or avoid environmental traps.
- Hot Swapper (Fundamentals category; 2 points) - This upgrade allows you to switch weapons faster. Of course, it'll be most useful in large battles with demons, where weapon types have to be constantly adapted to the type of attacked monsters.