Read this page to learn when you can start pre-downloading Doom Eternal, an option available for those who have pre-ordered the game. We also inform you when you can start playing Doom Eternal after the download is complete.
If you want to prepare yourself for Doom Eternal, we recommend that you read the other chapters of our guide like the game guide, where we have included starting tips.
When can I start downloading Doom Eternal - preload
- Players who have pre-ordered the XONE version can already pre-load the game files.
- Players who pre-ordered the PC or PS4 version can start downloading the game's files 48 hours before its release, on March 18, 2020, at 12:00 EST.
- Players who plan to play Doom Eternal on the Google Stadia platform don't need to pre-load any files.
When can I start playing Doom Eternal?
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners can start playing the game at 0:01 (a minute after midnight) EST on March 20, 2020.
- PC owners who purchased the game on Steam or Bethesda.net can launch the game at 1:01 EST on March 20, 2020.
- Those who purchased Doom Eternal on Google Stadia can join the battle at 5:00 EST on March 20, 2020.
If you pre-ordered the boxed version of Doom Eternal for PS4 or XONE, you can install it and launch it before the official release date. However, it should be noted that game servers may still be unavailable. This, however, doesn't affect the single-player campaign.