On this page of the Disco Elysium guide, you will find an accurate walkthrough description of the Get the whole story from Titus task.
In the Get the whole story from Titus task in Disco Elysium, you should get the real version of the events played out on the grounds of the Whirling-In-Rags building from Titus.
Talking to Titus
Titus will tell you the whole truth of the mercenary's death only after passing a heroic Rhetoric test. You can make this easier by:
- Doing the autopsy and finding the bullet (Find the bullet before you get fooled task);
- Doing a side quest for Joyce - The Jam Mystery and linking Hardie Boys with drug smuggling;
- Completing Open apartment door for Evrart side quest;
- Mentioning that Evrart told them to cooperate;
- Conversation with Klaasje and exhaustion of all dialog options - bonus Compromised skillset known;
- Discovering that 8 people participated in lynching (there are only 7 people sitting in the cafeteria);
- Warning the Hardie Boys of a tribunal being carried out by mercenaries (Joyce's info on the lynching task);
- Whether or not you were pressuring Angus in the early conversation.
In the course of a later conversation, you will learn that the Hardie boys hung the man's body to cover up the true cause of death - a headshot. The men did this at the request of the women - Klaasje and the person whom personality Titus will not want to reveal. As they went to Klaasje's room, they noticed a smashed window and a dead mercenary with a hole in his head. Tibbs (Titus's brother) replaced the window, and they hung the man's body behind the Whirling-In-Rags building. For further clarification, he will refer you to Klaasje.
Tell Klaasje that Titus has revealed the truth to you, and she will apologize for deceiving you to protect the Hardie boys. In the course of further conversation, you will learn:
- The woman lied because she feared for her life: she used to work for people from Moralintern, do their dirty work (industrial espionage), and can't afford to appear on police records because these men would have found and taken her down;
- At the time of the murder, Klaasje was in the company of a mercenary, in bed, right behind the balcony window. Once she heard the sound of broken glass, she turned her head and noticed a hole in the glass. Before the man fell, she knew he was dead. Klaasje became frightened and ran downstairs waiting for the second shot, which nevertheless never fell;
- Everything happened around midnight, between 11:30 p.m. and 00:15 p.m.;
- Klaasje did not hear and did not see the shooter;
- Both she and the mercenary were inebriated;
- As she calmed down slightly, she returned upstairs to roll down the shutters, then ran downstairs to the lobby of the Whirling-In-Rags building. Sylvie worked behind the bar, and there were quite a few people in the room. The Hardie boys, along with Ruby (the leader and organizer, the woman Titus wouldn't talk about) sat at a table opposite the stage. As she sat down next to them, Ruby knew something was wrong;
- The women went upstairs and dragged the dead man's body into the bathroom, put him in the bathtub, then used a strap to hang him in the shower and fake the cause of death;
- Ruby went out to talk to Titus and the others. After about 30 minutes, they came to her room, took the body, and carried it outside to fake a hanging. Klaasje was told to stay in the room.
When you ask where Ruby is during the interview, you will get access to a new task Make Titus give up Ruby's location.
Further interrogation of Klaasje - optional
After interrogating Klaasje and learning the truth about the death of the mercenary, you can learn some additional facts by passing a legendary Drama skill test. This can be facilitated in several ways:
- If you have discovered the secret passage leading from Whirling-In-Rags kitchen to Klaasje's balcony (Explore the Whirling's secret passages task);
- If in the course of the conversation you suggest that Klaasje lied about reporting the murder;
- If in the course of the conversation you suggest that it was love that led the man to death (jealousy motive);
- If you find out that Klaasje tried to manipulate you.
From the further conversation, you will learn, among other things, that Klaasje lied about her true identity and is actually called Katarzine Alasije. The woman hid her fake passport in a plastic buoy (activates the Inspect Klaasje's buoy task).
If you threaten the woman with arrest, she'll start looking for a way out of the situation and say she knows who might have murdered the mercenary and point to Ruby.
- The woman will say that she made a mistake trusting Ruby, and this one had a crush on her and began to protect her, which led to an unhealthy relationship between the two;
- As Klaasje began dating Lely, Ruby told her to end it and threatened her - after this incident, they stopped talking to each other;
- The woman will again point out the fact that once she ran downstairs, Ruby looked as if she knew what had just happened and wasn't surprised at all. Then she proceeded very methodically: she faked the hanging and cleaned up as if acting according to a pre-determined plan;
- She could have taken advantage of the hidden passage (Explore the Whirling's secret passages task), fired the shot, and escaped.