On this page of the Disco Elysium guide, you will find a walkthrough for the Run the number on the victim's armour task.
In the Run the number on the victim's armour task in Disco Elysium, you need to contact the police station and check the serial number you found on the victim's ceramic shoes.
It will take two days to carefully check the serial number, so it is worth starting this task as early as possible, even on the first day of the investigation.
Serial number check order
Use the radio in Kim's car and call the police station. Ask them to check the serial number you got when inspecting the body of the hanged man. You will have to wait until the next day to get the first report.
Next morning, talk to Alice and see what she managed to determine:
- The armor was manufactured by Fairweather at their facilities in Betancourt;
- This was a special order for Corps the Pharmacie - a security company contracted to protect Oranjese pharmaceutical companies;
- Corps the Pharmacie has changed its name many times. The last registered company that was merged with CdP is a military contractor called Krenel (previously Donwell).
You suggest that such armor must have been made specifically for a particular person, meaning that somewhere there must be some record of the person for whom it was made. Alice will try to find out more and call you the next day.
When you call Alice the next day, the woman will have a lot of information for you:
- Mercenary's personal information: Ellis Kortenaer, Lelystad Country, exact date of birth unknown;
- He was found as a newborn in a leaf compactor near an abandoned farm. He spent 4 months in the neonatal ward. At the age of 2, he was assigned to foster family;
- At the age of 17, he entered the Ijsbrand Military Academy in Vredefort, then served in the Oranjese forces until his honorable discharge in '41, just a year before the Semenese conflict;
- There is no record of his employment at Krenel;
- There is no information on him ever entering Revachol.