On this page of our guide, you will find information about the most common bugs in the game Disco Elysium, as well as ready-made solutions for various issues that you might encounter when you try to run the game or during gameplay.
Game does not want to start, black screen
One of the most common errors when trying to run Disco Elysium- there is a black screen and a message that the game has stopped working. Sometimes there is a situation where you can hear the sound of the main game menu in the background, but nothing but a black background is displayed on the screen. To this problem there are several proven solutions:
- Try running the game as an administrator;
- Check the game files and rebuild the database in the Steam or GOG client if necessary;
- Reinstall the game;
- In the first run of Disco Elysium, you may come to a situation where the game itself sets a higher resolution than the native resolution of your monitor. Try viewing the game in the window (Alt + Enter) and see if the main menu appears on the screen - if so, go to the graphics options and change the resolution to the correct one.
Crash, hardly any FPS, game crashes
If the game Disco Elysium does not work correctly: freezes, crashes, works with too little FPS (frames per second), try the following solutions:
- Install the latest graphics card drivers;
- Disable programs for overclocking graphics cards and processors, such as MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, AMD OverDrive, RivaTuner, Sapphire TriXX, SetFSB, etc.
- Check CPU and memory usage in Task Manager - if any process before turning on the game consumes too much resources, turn it off;
- Try lowering the quality of the graphics.