On this page of the Disco Elysium guide, you will learn what Hardcore Mode is and how it differs from the normal difficulty level.
At the time of writing this guide, Disco Elysium has two difficulty levels: Normal and Hardcore. Hardcore mode is for more experienced players who have learned all the gameplay mechanics.
What does it change?
Hardcore mode makes the game much more difficult, making Disco Elysium very challenging for some players.
Hardcore Mode in Disco Elysium changes the following elements:
- Skill checks have an increased difficulty level;
- The hero finds less money;
- Healing items are more expensive;
- Items restore less health/morale;
- The positive and negative modifiers of the Thought Cabinet are more significant;
- The character receives more experience points for completing tasks than on the normal difficulty level.
How to activate it?
Hardcore Mode in Disco Elysium can be enabled in the options, even before starting the game. Just check the option shown in the image above.