Diablo 2 Resurrected is a renewed version of Diablo 2 with the Lord of Destruction expansion. At first glance, the only changes in the game involve graphics. Resurrected, however, features some quality-of-life improvements we've listed below.
What features are there in the game?
- Improved visuals and audio (including surround sounds) during gameplay and cutscenes,
- Aside from new textures the game offers 3D rendering, dynamic lighting and 4K support,
- Modding support (Mods from original Diablo 2 aren't supported),
- Your saves and characters from original Diablo 2 are supported, cross-progression - progress is saved across different platforms,
- The game being available on consoles: Xbox One, Series X / S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch,
- Controller support (including PC),
- The in-game stash was modified, it's now bigger and has an extra tab that allows you to share your items with others,
- Automatic gold pick-up after passing through a gold pile (can be turned off),
- More hotkeys available on keyboard,
- Additional online options which simplify joining and managing parties,
- Additional network security against hackers and cheaters.
What features are not in the game?
- The ranking system (initially, during the release day),
- Support for original Diablo 2 mods,
- Cross-platform - cross-play between players using different platforms (the developers claim it could be a possibility in the future),
- The game won't run on older PCs and operating systems that came before Windows 10.
The creators of Diablo 2 Resurrected intend to continue working on the game after it releases, which means the players can expect further changes and patches.