Style points are acquired during combat. The style reflects your efficiency and glamour - build up combos and use various abilities to improve your style rank (D being the worst, and SS the best). In order to earn a lot of points, you have to:
- Use different abilities - purchase new ones to expand your attack portfolio,
- Always deal a lot of damage and eliminate your opponents quickly (it is also important to master aerial attacks and using them at the right moment),
- Choose new abilities in such a way to minimize pauses between attacks. E.g. upon defeating or pushing an enemy back as Nero, use the Wire to get to another for quickly,
- Try avoiding receiving any damage - dodge and use abilities (e.g. some of Nero's Breakers stop enemy charges). Stop enemy attacks. After receiving damage, your combo rank is decreased or canceled (if low).
- V at the beginning of the game handles high ranks best, even when attacking enemies with both animals' basic attacks.
- Taunt / Provoke (R) - an option for more seasoned players. You can slightly increase the style rank if you mock your opponent. Watch out, as it takes several second leaving you vulnerable to enemy attacks - you can provoke enemies when they are far away or knocked down.
You receive rewards (red orbs) depending on the rank you reach in combat. Style points are collected during each fight and mission - eventually, you get a rank, which is not an average of all the ranks. Thus, if you earn poor rank in combat, you still have a chance to rank better at the end of a given mission.