This quest can be activated in any moment in Detroit. In the northern part of this location you can meet officer Jenny Alexander working under cover. She can be found east from the Chiron's building and south from the location Derelict Row (gang headquarters). A mission given by an officer consists in its initial phase of three parts and subsequent goals might be completed in any order. At the end of the quest thought you should decide to make an arrest by your own.
LIST OF QUEST OBJECTIVES:
1. PRIMARY - Break and Enter O'Malley's Apartment - While breaking into the corrupted cop apartment is not difficult, you have to remember about traps left there. A moment of inattention may in fact end badly for the protagonist.
2. PRIMARY - Find at Least One Piece of Incriminating Evidence - All essential items for this case are in the mined room, so watch out.
3. PRIMARY - Meet with O'Malley - Most problems will cause you probably getting to the place of meeting, although this can be done in several different ways.
4. PRIMARY - Retrieve O'Malley's Package - Start searching for weapons after a conversation with O'Malley. There will be no problems.
5. PRIMARY - Locate the MCB Gang's Hideout - Gangsters location is not so easy to find, but getting there shouldn't take much time.
6. PRIMARY - Neutralize All MCB Opposition - This goal will be activated once you get to the floor with gangsters. You can freely decide if you want to kill them or just stun them.
7. PRIMARY - Knock Out Double-T - It is important to take Double-T alive and not to kill him. Fortunately you do not have to move his body anywhere, since it is enough to stun him.
8. PRIMARY - Go to Derelict Row - A best way is to go through the sewers, especially that after going to the surface you'll find yourself near the place where weapons are hidden.
9. PRIMARY - Locate the DRB Weapon Cache - This goal is activated when you get to the gang area.
10. PRIMARY - Identify O'Malley's Weapon Cache - Easy task - just interact with a case found in the cache.
11. SECONDARY - Remain Undetected While in DRB Territory - If you want play fair, remember not to be noticed. Fortunately you'll be immediately informed about possible fail, so you should save the game often. The best way is to "cheat" and clear entire Derelict Row from enemies before starting a mission ordered by Jenny.
12. PRIMARY - Return to Jenny - You have to return to Jenny only after completing all missions ordered by her (exploring O'Malley's apartment, getting evidence and knocking out Double-T, locating weapon cache).
13. PRIMARY - Go to O'Malley's Apartment - Despite the fact, that this goal appears in your journal as a primary, its completing (same with further goals) is optional. In the previous conversation with Jenny you could refuse arresting O'Maley and prematurely end the mission.
14. PRIMARY - Deal with O'Malley - It is a continuation of previous goal. What's interesting, you can arrest O'Malley or let him go.
15. PRIMARY - Neutralize O'Malley - This goal appears only if you've started a conversation with O'Malley and suggested arresting him as only solution. It leads then to the fight.
16. PRIMARY - Return to Jenny - A last conversation with Jenny is carried on regardless whether you have stunned O'Malley or you let him go.
(1) Talking to Jenny Alexander
Map legend: 1 - Meeting place with Jenny Alexander.
During a conversation with Jenny Alexander it comes to light, that she tries unsuccessfully to gather evidence against corrupted cop, Jack O'Malley. You can ask her several questions and then decide whether to help her or refuse her offer. If you agree, Jenny will explain you all details of this action. Here's what you need to do:
- Apartment - Breaking into O'Malley's apartment and gathering as much evidence as possible to charge him.
- Killer - Acting as a contract killer during meeting O'Malley. This will allow you to find out who is the victim and to acquire a weapon which was supposed to be used by a real killer. With this information you need to intercept the weapon and save a potential victim.
- Delivery - Getting to the territory of DRB gang, who fight people using augmentations. Jensen must find a weapon cache connected with O'Malley. Jenny is willing to offer some bonus for completing this task undetected.
(2) Getting to the O'Malley apartment
Map legend: 1 - Closed gate; 2 - Damaged staircase; 3 - Adjacent building staircase.
For the beginning we will explore O'Malley's apartment. As you found Jenny, I assume that you are quite oriented in the area. O'Malley's apartment is located in the same building where Tindall lives (another side quest). This place is located north from the clinic and the gas station (screen above).
If you have already unlocked an access to the building, you can enter inside. Otherwise you have to find a way to do it. You can enter the building in several ways. First of them involves passing through the gate #1, although it is secured by a second security level electronic lock. Completion of a mini hacker game should not be too difficult, although of course you have to have an appropriate augmentation (Capture 2 or better). If you want to cheat just use a combination 0002, which is found later during the exploration of building's apartments. After crossing the gate you should use the stairs #2.
A second option is to use the partially damaged external staircase of the building where Tindall lives. You would have to put at least at one crate over the container (screen above) and use and augmentation improving Jensen's jumping (Jump Enhancement). Once inside the staircase you should get upstairs and use the door located on the building's roof.
The last option is to use an external staircase of the adjacent building #1. Once inside the staircase you should go upstairs and jump towards the buildings where Tindall lives #2. Also in this case you should have at least one augmentation improving your agility (the best are Jump Enhancement and Sprint Enhancement).
O'Malley's apartment is located on the level 1 (screen above). The door is closed, but only because there is a first security level electronic lock - you shouldn't have problems with unlocking it. I suggest saving the game here because in a moment you'll enter the room where you can die easily.
Reward: 300 experience points.
(3) Finding evidence incriminating O'Malley
Start exploring the first room of O'Malley's apartment. Pick up a pistol and take a look at a newspaper. The main goal is to find a PDA hidden behind books #1. Read it from the journal menu and you'll get the door password - 1029. Use this password on a nearby electronic lock #2 (or solve a fourth security level mini hacker game).
DO NOT ENTER the other room immediately, because there are many fragmentation mines which react to motion. You can act here in two ways. A first option is to detonate mines from a distance #1. I do not recommend his solution thought, because you could use these mines later or just sell them. So crouch and slowly approach to each of them #2 (it is worth to hold down CTRL key). Disarm all three mines and take them with you.
Approach the nearby computer terminal (screen above). A game will force you to play mini hacker game, but because it is only first security level, it will be very easy to finish it. Take a look at messages, stopping at the last, third one.
Reward: 300 experience points.
Despite the fact that you already have evidence you need, it is worth to stay here for longer and look for other interactive items. Begin with removing a painting from the left wall #1. You've revealed a safe. It has third level security so you would prepare good in order to unlock it. Open the safe - you'll find ammo #2 among other things.
There are also crossbow bolts here, a case with weapon shipment (you can only look at it) and a shipment of drugs #1. Finally go to the bathroom, where you'll find an e-book and a shotgun #2.