On this page of the Destruction AllStars guide, you will find the most important information about the Mayhem Mode. You will learn how to win matches in the Mayhem Mode and what are the good techniques to increase your chances of winning.
Mayhem mode - general rules
In Mayhem mode, players fight for points. The player who has the most points wins a match (they usually last about a few minutes). You can accumulate points in many different ways:
- Hitting the cars of competitors (Hit).
- Destroying cars of competitors (Wreck).
- Annihilating competitors (Annihilate), i.e. destroying someone's car and eliminating the Star riding in it.
- Destroying cars abandoned by other players - you must do this before the vehicle self-destructes.
- Hitting other Stars with melee attacks (Barge).
- Driving over players who are moving on foot.
- Eliminating (K.O.) players who are moving on foot.
- Dodging at the right moment.
- Completing mini-games while staying on the roof of another player's vehicle - you can earn points for breaking or stealing a car (Takeover).
The important thing about getting points is that the stronger and more effective the attack, the more points you can get. For example, if you manage to destroy a car driven by another player or eliminate someone who is moving on foot, you can get up to 5 points.
Mayhem mode - how to win matches?
We've posted a lot of tips on how to win matches (with a special focus on Mayhem mode) on the First match - how to win? page.
Bluefang is perfect for winning matches in the Mayhem mode. This hero has a great vehicle called Shredder – it is able to very effectively eliminate the opponents' cars. If you point the active shredder at the opponents' vehicles, you can get rid of up to 2-3 of them at the same time and earn a dozen points.
When a match starts, try to immediately get the first regular vehicle. If you don't succeed, collect some shards and wait for the next vehicle to spawn.
Cars that can be used by all heroes:
- Try to be on the move at all times, both when moving on foot and when attacking other players. This will reduce the risk of getting attacked by someone else.
- Look for opportunities to attack slow-moving / fighting opponents. Drive towards them in a straight line and just before the collision, tilt the right stick towards them (and hold it in this position!) to Slam them and deal more damage.
- Do not turn the car around near other players – they can use this opportunity to attack you from the side or from behind.
- Look for other regular cars if yours is currently severely damaged. Remember that you can eject from a moving car. This way you can immediately land on the platform with another vehicle.
Keep fighting enemies with a regular car until you unlock the option to summon your Star's personal Hero Vehicle. From this point on, start using the Hero Vehicle to attack and destroy opponents' cars.
For Mayhem mode, we recommend Stars who have offensive Hero Vehicles. In addition to the aforementioned Bluefang, can also play as Ultimo, Fuego, Hana, Ratu or Angelo Avello. Keep in mind, however, that Hero Vehicles cannot be repaired. Try to avoid as many attacks as you can – you don't want to lose your Hero Vehicle too soon. You'd have to wait a long time to get another one.