On this page of the Destruction AllStars game guide we explain how to perform double jumps while running around on the map on foot. We also provide some suggestions on how to use them.
By default, each star can only perform single jumps. They are sufficient for most basic purposes, but they aren't enough to reach certain places and activities on the map.
Double jumps are automatically unlocked once you activate a character's Breaker, that is, when you press the R1 button once you are notified about the availability of the star's Breaker by a message in the lower left corner of the screen. Two things should be noted here:
- Double jumps are just one of the effects of activating your character's Breaker. Additionally, you will be able to use the star's unique ability, such as leaving a trail of flame as you walk.
- Double jumps remain available only for the duration of the Breaker. After you return to your "regular" state, you will have to resort to single jumps once again.
Double jumps have three main uses in the game:
- You will gain acces to collectibles, secrets and platforms in high places. Specifically, these are locations which cannot be accessed by characters with a single jump or require spending a few seconds climbing. Searching for collectibles and car platforms in high places will make the most of your double jump ability.
- You will have an easier time avoiding collisions with the enemy cars driving on the arena. A double jump can be very useful in certain situations, such as when you notice a group of vehicles heading your way and want to easily dodge them. You also have the option to Evade in the game, but sometimes it won't be enough.
- You will be able to jump over the gaps in Gridfall mode much more easily. Double jumps also let you avoid large gaps without having to waste time walking around them and they can help you access hard-to-reach Shards, which will allow you to quickly charge your Breaker and summon your Hero Vehicle.