On this page of the Destruction Allstars game guide you will find out how to change the appearance of a given character and their vehicle. We also answer the question of whether changing the AllStar's costume affects the gameplay in any way.
To edit your character's appearance, you need to select the Customize option from the game's main menu.
The first category lets you customise the stars, i.e. the 16 playable characters available in the game. Your selections apply separately to each star, so if you buy a cosmetic item, it will only be available to the particular character that it meant for. You can:
- Buy Skins - they are only available for purchase in sets, i.e. you will get two skins - one for the given character and the other for their Hero vehicle. New skins won't give your character additional abilities nor will they affect gameplay. The changes are purely cosmetic.
- Buy Emotes - you can assign each purchased emote to the 4 D-pad buttons. Afterwards, you'll be able to activate them on command to gesture towards the other players.
- Buy Vehicle Emotes - as opposed to regular Emotes, these can be used while driving.
- Buy Shouts - this is yet another item category that doesn't affect the gameplay. The change is purely cosmetic.
The second category is avatar and banner customisation options for the player's profile. As a reminder, these are displayed in the upper right corner of the screen and in certain situations (eg. at the end of a match) they can also be seen by other players. You can:
- Change the appearance of the avatar (icon on the left).
- Change the appearance of the banner (rectangular bar to the right).
All cosmetic items that modify the appearance of your characters and your avatar/banner can be obtained in two main ways:
1) By purchase - two types of currency are used to make purchases and the price or currency requirements depend on the particular item. It's worth noting that you can only buy premium currency with real money through microtransactions in Destruction AllStars. Unfortunately, you cannot earn premium coins as you progress through the game.
You can earn regular Allstar Coins in multiplayer battles (1000 coins per level up) and for completing certain challenges.
2) By progressing in the game - you can be rewarded with new cosmetic items for unlocking trophies or completing events in the single-player Challenge Series mode. Regardless of how you earn your reward, the item will be fully accesible to you without having to buy it with coins.