On this page of the Destruction AllStars guide, you can find a choice of starting tips. We have prepared a variety of tips and tricks for new players to get acquainted with the game and learn the most important moves. Our tips will help you avoid typical mistakes and get better results in matches.
- Practice with bots first
- Slams are performed with the right analog stick
- Pay attention to icons symbolizing Slam readiness
- Avoid stopping or slowing down when in the arena
- Leave the Breaker for a good moment
- Thanks to Eject, you can save yourself from dying and change the vehicle quickly.
- Gather Shards and pick-ups
- In Team modes, remember your team color
- Watch out for various obstacles in arenas
Practice with bots first
Destruction Allstars is a game that only needs a quick introduction but mastering it can last weeks. Before you start multiplayer for the first time, check out the Practice mode. It contains:
- Tutorials for all 16 characters - you can check out their Mega Vehicles and Breakers.
- Tutorials for all 4 modes - you can learn the idea behind them and train with bots for a little while.
Your next step should be to check out the Arcade mode - you can adjust the bots' skill level to your liking. Thanks to practice, you'll get better at the game, more so that the bots will try new tricks characteristic of multiplayer, such as Riding and Taking cars.
Slams are performed with the right analog stick
This is a very important aspect of the game, which you didn't have time to master during the tutorial. You can make longer Slams by holding the right analog stick up or to the sides. Longer duration means a higher chance of hitting the opponent.
The trick described above will help you when attempting to hit distant opponents and limit the chance of a situation where the Slam missed and was wasted.
Pay attention to icons symbolizing Slam readiness
There is another important mechanic associated with Slams. There is a cooldown period after using Slam (either front or side one) This is a thought-out mechanic, intended to prevent constant relying on these attacks.
Icons for both of these attacks are in the lower-left corner of the screen. Regenerating it happens without the player's input - you just have to wait a certain amount of time. Always make sure whether a Slam is available, especially if there is an incoming front collision or you plan to use the attack after activating the vehicle Breaker.
Avoid stopping or slowing down when in the arena
This tip applies both to moving on foot and driving vehicles. By slowing down or stopping completely, you become an easy target for other players. They can hit your hero more easily, attack your vehicle or use special attacks on you.
The same applies to handbrake turns. Do handbrake turns away from other vehicles - to check whether you are in danger, look at the radar or look behind (the right analog stick down) After a successful turn, return to full speed as quickly as you can.
Leave the Breaker for a good moment
As a reminder - breakers are special skills/attacks. Each of the stars has a separate breaker for both moving on foot or driving the Mega Vehicle. Depending on the hero, both breakers may have a similar effect or be completely different.
Do not turn on the breaker as soon as it becomes available - wait for the perfect moment in order to make the most of it. Here are some examples:
- Wait before using the hero breaker for a moment when you want to attack someone or perform a double jump and reach a higher ledge.
- When it comes to vehicle breakers, wait with using them until you are close enough to the vehicles you want to attack. This is especially important if your car slows down after activating the breaker.
- If your vehicle breaker is defensive in nature, wait until you are targeted by another player. Activating it will make it difficult or impossible for him to eliminate your machine.
Thanks to Eject, you can save yourself from dying and change the vehicle quickly.
The option of ejecting from the car while driving is extremely useful. It can help you in two typical situations:
- A vehicle is badly damaged and won't survive another hit or it will fall into the abyss in a moment (in Gridfall). Using Eject will allow you to stay alive, although of course, you will have to get a new car.
- Most of the time, vehicles are in abundance and you can change them quickly. We are talking about "ordinary" cars that are stored on platforms across the arena. After approaching the platform with the vehicle, you can eject and almost immediately land next to a new machine. This will allow you to avoid the time-consuming and sometimes problematic climb to the shelf with the car.
Gather Shards and pick-ups
The tutorial explained what Shards are - they shorten the cooldown period of the Breaker or Mega Vehicle summon - this may be especially useful in Gridfall.
The tutorial doesn't broach the subject of pick-ups, which can also be found during matches. For example, you can encounter a point booster or a pick-up that reinforces the power of the activated Breaker. Try to pick-up all found items. Be aware, however, that many finds are suspended high and in order to reach them, it may be necessary, for example, to run along the wall or use a double jump.
In Team modes, remember your team color
This may seem a minor issue, but the game in our opinion does not sufficiently well inform about what team you currently represent. It is very easy to forget about this in the heat of battle and waste time attacking members of your own team (fortunately, there is no friendly fire)
You can check the team to which you belong during the match preparation screen. Remember the color of the enemy team to locate them easily.
Watch out for various obstacles in arenas
In some areas you have to watch out not only for enemy players but also for obstacles. They are divided into two main types:
- Large fans - driving into a fan means instant elimination, even if you're driving a mega-car and/or a car with a full health bar. Do not forget about them during fights. Stay away from them and keep to other parts of the arena.
- Blockers - obstacles activated automatically when a player runs over them. They can stop a vehicle efficiently, as they are indestructible. Essentially, these are a weapon for players that are currently on foot - you can stop other players in their tracks, especially if they are currently hunting you.