This page of the guide to Deathloop contains a description regarding locating and defeating a boss, Aleksis "The Wolf" Dorsey - he's one of the Visionaries (the game's main antagonists). You will find out where you can find Aleksis, what are the possible options for assassinating The Wolf, and what are the rewards for defeating the Visionary.
- Key information regarding Aleksis and his whereabouts
- Identifying Aleksis
- Murdering Aleksis
- Rewards for defeating the boss
Key information regarding Aleksis and his whereabouts
Aleksis "The Wolf " Dorsey is a cannibal who takes part in an unusual game during a masquerade ball. The masquerade is organized in the Updaam district during the evening, in the Dorsey Manor.
Your first task is infiltrating the property, we've described it in more detail on a page regarding the Devouring of the Lambs lead. As a reminder:
- The main entrance to the Manor is heavily guarded and only traversable by using force (which isn't recommended). It's theoretically possible to use Shift and Aether to sneak by the enemies and the active turret, but it's risky and time consuming.
- Choosing the path along the castle walls is a far better idea. This path leads straight to a window and will let Colt infiltrate the Manor. After reaching the castle grounds you should travel on upper levels, as the risk of encountering an enemy there is much smaller.
It's important to know that two other Visionaries can appear in the Dorsey Manor:
- Egor can come here after finishing the Visionary Lead Lost in Transmission.
- Wenjie can come here after finishing the Visionary Lead What Wenjies Want.
This means three targets can be present in the Manor, being in different areas of the property by default. You'll be forced to eliminate Egor and Wenije aside from Aleksis only if you end up alerting the entire castle.
After reaching the location of the masquerade ball, it turns out identifying your target could be problematic - Aleksis Dorsey isn't the only person wearing a wolf mask in this area. Killing the wrong person does not automatically lead to defeat, but it will alert the whole area and can make it unnecessarily difficult to defeat the boss. You'd need to constantly kill guests until a message appears, confirming that you've killed Aleksis entirely by chance.
We've described the two main ways of identifying the Visionary on the Exposing Aleksis - how? page. As a reminder, you can:
- Look for a masked man with dual orange SMGs attached to his belt. Using Focus (holding Down on the D-pad) can be useful with identifying him.
- Finding two DJ stands on the upper floor of the Manor and solving a puzzle (copying the buttons from the toilet) to "lure" Aleksis to the dance floor.
It's best to try and eliminate Aleksis while going through the aforementioned Devouring of the Lambs mission, as killing him finishes the quest.
If you don't want to be detected, you can wait for Aleksis over the stage room, where some of the guests make speeches from time to time. Wait for Alexis himself to begin a speech and then quickly press the nearby button, triggering the trapdoor he's standing on. Alexis will fall down into the grinder and immediately die, without having to fight him and without alerting anyone.
You can also choose a more conventional method and dispatch him with firearms (a sniper rifle could be useful, it'll allow you to shoot him from a higher ledge or a higher manor floor), offensive powers or hacked turrets.
In case you choose the direct approach, you should expect the guests and guards to turn hostile and attack Colt. You should immediately start your escape from the manor, using Shift and Aether along the way to lose the pursuers. Attacking other participants of the masquerade is risky, you can easily find yourself under heavy fire and die.
Rewards for defeating the boss
Once defeated, Alexis" The Wolf " Dorsey drops the power of Karnesis, which is telekinesis used to, for example, throw back attacking enemies. You can also interact with his body to obtain Residuum and look for the loot he dropped - it could be the Limp-10 firearm and various Trinkets.
Eliminating Alexis again in subsequent loops will reward you with Karnesis upgrades and standard rewards mentioned before (Residuum, weapons, Trinkets).
Note - you can only obtain all the loot from the boss if you didn't kill him with the trapdoor (as then his body disappears, mulched in the grinder) and if you didn't push him into the pit near the manor.