On this page of our Death Stranding guide, we explain how to build structures in-game. We also answer the questions what is the importance of the construction of new structures, and what additional requirements may appear before creating a building.
- Building in Death Stranding
- Using PCC
- Features of a constucted building
- Best buildings in the game
- Other players ' objects
Building in Death Stranding
To build, you need to gather boxes called PCC.
- First level PCCs are unlocked after completing task 4 - Smart Drug Delivery: Waystation West of Capital Knot City.
- Second level PCCs become available after completing task 27 - Chiralium Gauge Delivery: Weather Station
PCCs can be obtained in three different ways:
- Given to you during a task - such PCCs are free.
- Found in the game world - you can e.g. encounter PCCs left by other players.
- Crafting - use a terminal in any ally location.
Found PCC has to be taken to a location where you want to use it. Every PCC is a one-time use item, and so when you build some object will irrevocably disappear.
In addition to owning a PCC, you need to have construction plans. Further plans will be unlocked along with your progress in the main story. In the example from our screenshot, one of the rewards for completing the task was the temporal shelter plan.
If you want to start building, you must select PCC from the drop-down menu. After choosing the item, you can use the d-pad to switch between projects. Choose the one that interests you.
Hold L2 to start looking for a place to build. The game will allow you to start building if:
- The selected area is not in the territory of the ally base.
- Access is not blocked by rocks, water or other obstacles.
- You have not exceeded the allowed chiral bandwidth - you cannot build too many objects in a given territory unless you have connected to other facilities.
Features of a constucted building
After the building is ready, you can start using it. Each object has other uses, for example, the tower allows you to look around the area. Moreover, you can hold down the interaction button to enter an additional menu. There are three options here:
- Expansion - the bottom right corner contains the list of advantages following the building's extension To expand the building, you need to provide certain materials to finance the extension.
- Repair - the building can be damaged following e.g. temporal rains.
- Disassembly - use this option if you think that the object you built is in the wrong place.
In the case of very complex structures, the PCC is used only as foundation. Large quantities of materials are required to complete the construction. This requirement applies, among other things, when building bridges and shelters. Once the foundation is built, it is necessary to interact with the terminal and transfer resources to complete the construction.
Best buildings in the game
We recommend building following structures:
- Mailboxes - you can place abandoned cargo in them and use private and public lockers to store or retrieve items.
- Generators - it Is worth placing them along the roads on which you often drive. They make it very easy for you to charge your vehicle batteries and exoskeleton.
- Bridges - Again, it is recommended to place them in frequently visited locations. They make it easier for you to cross large rivers and reduce the risk of being caught by the current.
- Shelter - You won't create a lot of them, but they can become useful in remote areas of the map which doesn't contain any ally location with terminal and private room.
Other players ' objects
An important feature of the game is that the buildings are used by different players. Other players can encounter your structures and you can encounter other players' structures. This "free" help is definitely worth using. If you find another player's design, then don't build the same structure in the same location so the buildings are not unnecessarily duplicated. It is better to leave the PCC for other structures.