This unofficial guide to Dead Cells contains the most important advice and hints that are useful while playing the game developed by Motion Twin. Here you will find description of gameplay basics, list of most important aspects and hidden mechanics. Learning these might prove useful during the game. In addition to that, the guide contains a description of locations, enemies and equipment. There are separate chapters about character development and encountered NPCs as well.
The walkthrough is supplemented by chapters describing controls, system requirements and Steam achievements.
The guide to Dead Cells contains:
- chapters about gameplay basics
- advice related to character development
- information about each available locations including enemies description
- chapters with most important advice for beginners
- advice related to equipment selection, fighting enemies and defeating bosses
- annex with system requirements, Steam achievements and controls
The guide is based on the version of the game after the "Hello Darkness" update (29th June 2017).
Lukasz Wisniewski (www.gamepressure.com)
About Dead Cells Game Guide
Author : Lukasz "Keczup" Wisniewski for gamepressure.com
Stage of progress : 15% completed, last update : July 03, 2017
Guide contains : 10 pages, 62 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Dead Cells Game Guide
- Tips for a good start | How to start in Dead Cells? Dead Cells Guide. Check out our tips and advice for beginners in Dead Cells. Starting advice will help you survive in the first stage of the game or... it will help you understand why are you constantly dying...
- Character development and cells | How to start? Dead Cells Guide.
- Gameplay basics | How to start? Dead Cells Guide.
- Things you shouldn't do | How to start? Dead Cells Guide.
- Weapons in Dead Cells | How to start? Dead Cells Guide.
Dead Cells Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Motion Twin
- publisher: Motion Twin
- platform: PC
Dead Cells is set in a dark fantasy world. The game utilizes a side-view perspective and the gameplay focuses on exploring a grim castle and fighting enemies. The locations are procedurally generated; there are various chambers, cloisters, and sewers to explore. The levels are nonlinear, and you can reach them by different paths. When you die in the game, your death is permanent, which means that you have to start over every time. There are no checkpoints, but every respawn allows you to visit new parts of the castle. The place also features simple puzzles, e.g. you can discover a secret entrance to a faraway part of the fortress by pulling a lever.
Combat in an important aspect of the game. It was inspired by the Souls series — the battles are very difficult and both the bosses and regular enemies are a serious threat. To succeed you have to work out their attack patterns and get you character to a high enough level. In combat you can use melee weapons (swords, spears, lashes), ranged weapons, and more or less powerful spells, both offensive and defensive.
Dead Cells PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card 1 GB GeForce GTX 460/Radeon HD 7800 or better, 500 MB HDD, Windows 7
Minimum: Intel Core i5 2.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 1 GB GeForce GTX 450 GTS/Radeon HD 5750 or better, 500 MB HDD, Windows 7