Dead Space Remake: How to get security clearances? Dead Space Remake guide
In Dead Space Remake you can find locked doors and containers that require a Security Clearance certificate. This guide page explains how to unlock certificates of different levels (1-3 and Master Override).
Last update: Monday, January 30, 2023
This page of the Dead Space Remake guide explains how to open Security Clearance doors and containers. We explain what are the types of clearances and how to get them, and whether you can return to locked rooms and caches with loot.
- Locked doors and containers - clearance required
- Unlocking security clearances
- New Game Plus Security Clearances
Locked doors and containers - clearance required
In Dead Space Remake, you can come across objects that require a Security Clearance. You can find out about the type of clearance required when you interact with that object:
- Level 1 clearance
- Level 2 clearance (example in the picture)
- Level 3 clearance
- Master Override - the highest level of security
A security clearance may be required to open:
- door - you will gain access to new rooms;
- containers - this applies to crates on the ground and cabinets on the walls; you can gain access to a new loot.
Discovered locked doors are marked on the map. Thanks to this, you can easily locate inaccessible places and return to them after obtaining a clearance - wait until you can return to a given section in the main storyline or use the cart to return there when you want.
In the case of containers, the game marks on the map only those that require a Master Override (the highest lock level) - they have a star icon on the map and you can expect that they will hide the most valuable loot. Chests with level 1-3 locks are not marked on the map. It's worth looking for them on your own when returning to old locations - locked containers always have an orange lamp.
Unlocking security clearances
You will earn Security Clearance Level 1 automatically as you progress through the main storyline.
You must progress to Chapter 2 - Intensive Care. In the final part of this chapter, you will visit the morgue where the captain's corpse is located. You must defeat the necromorphs and obtain the Captain's RIG - Isaac will gain access to level 1 doors and containers.
You will earn Security Clearance Level 2 automatically as you progress through the main storyline.
You need to advance to Chapter 4 - Obliteration Imminent. In the beginning of it, you will visit the captain's nest, where Isaac will meet Hammond. You will unlock the clearance by talking to the companion - Isaac can now open level 2 doors and chests.
You will get Security Clearance Level 3 automatically as you progress through the main storyline.
You must progress to chapter 7 - Into the Void. One of the main objectives of this chapter is to find the Admin RIG. It is in the Mineral Processing Control on the Mining Deck. Isaac can open level 3 doors and chests by picking up the RIG.
Master Override allows you to open locks with the highest security level (they are marked with a star icon). You won't get this clearance in the main storyline - you have to do the game's optional content.
During your first visit to the Captain's Nest (the same one where the Clearance Level 2 is unlocked), you can find the bridge security console. Interacting with it unlocks the You Are Not Authorized side mission, which involves finding the RIGs of various crew members. You have to get them all. Master Override is the reward for completing this quest.
New Game Plus Security Clearances
Dead Space Remake offers an NG+ mode that carries some of your progress from the previous playthrough.
- Level 1-3 security clerances are not carried over to a new playthrough . You have to get them again by making enough progress in the story. You cannot open level 1-3 locks until you re-acquire your clearances.
- The Master Bypass clearance can be transferred to NG+ , but only if you have completed the You Are Not Authorized side quest during your first playthrough. This way, from the very beginning, you'll be able to open doors and containers marked with a star and collect the most valuable loot.