Dead Island 2: List of characters Dead Island 2 guide, tips
Dead Island 2 offers 6 playable characters. Our guide lists all the characters. You will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the Slayers, their innate abilities and whether you can change characters already during the game.
Last update: Monday, April 24, 2023
In Dead Island 2, you can choose between 6 playable characters. On this page of the guide, you will find a list of all Slayers - playable characters. We tell you what a character's strengths and weaknesses are, how their innate skills work, and whether the game allows you to switch to another character after starting the campaign.
She is very fast and can deal massive damage, but she doesn't have a lot of health and can die faster than other Slayers.
Main advantages: Agility, Critical Damage
Main disadvantages: Toughness, Peak Health
- Relief Pitcher - You can recover more stamina by throwing weapons at enemies. You should attack more often from a distance (not counting firearms).
- Divide and Conquer - Grants a damage bonus for attacking isolated zombies. Look for easy-to-kill single opponents.
He's a walking tank with high toughness, but he is also slow and can't do fast attacks.
Main advantages: Toughness, Resilience
Main disadvantages: Agility, Critical Damage
- Retaliation - It guarantees a strength bonus for performing blocks or dodges. Try to stop or avoid monster attacks as often as possible.
- Seesaw - It allows you to regain some health for knocking down enemies. You can knock over zombies, for example, with kicks or heavy attacks.
Thanks to the large amount of stamina, he can attack longer, and he has a lot of health. However, you need to remember about health regeneration.
Main advantage: Stamina, Peak Health
Main disadvantages: Health Recovery, Resilience
- Thunderstruck - Using powerful attacks can cause an explosion upon hit. Use them especially when fighting stronger zombies.
- Bloodlust - It grants Health Recovery when killing enemies in short intervals. This is especially useful when fighting weaker monsters.
Like Ryan, she has great strength, but you can't expect high mobility. Focus on regular attacks but you won't deal a lot of critical damage.
Main advantages: Resilience, Toughness
Main disadvantages: Critical Damage, Agility
- Mosh Pit - Grants a bonus to damage when facing many zombies. Therefore, you should fight as many enemeis as possible.
- Dig Deep - It grants a bonus to stamina at critical health. This may reduce the risk of Carla's dying.
This is a character for players who want to deal strong and fast attacks. However, you will need to avoid damage or heal quickly.
Main advantages: Critical Damage, Agility
Main disadvantages: Peak Health, Toughness
- Backstab - It grants a bonus to attacks from behind. This will work best on slow monsters and those that have not yet turned towards you.
- Rapid Reprisal - It grants a bonus to agility and strong attacks when using blocks or dodges. Use one of these cards often.
When playing this character, you don't have to constantly worry about depleting all your health and stamina supplies, but you do need to use skill cards to improve healing.
Main advantages: Peak Health, Stamina
Main disadvantages: Resilience, Health Recovery
- Feral - It grants a damage bonus for killing enemies one after another. Look for groups of weak zombies.
- Critical Gains - It increases the effectiveness of critical attacks when the hero is low on stamina. It also increases the stamina recovery rate.
Choosing a character
You choos your Slayer (playable character) at the very beginning of the game. It is not a traditional character creator, as there are 6 pre-made heroes available. The game does not allow you to change their appearance.
The choice of a character is final - you can't change them later. If you want to play as a different hero, you have to select Slayers in the main menu and start a new campaign.
The chosen protagonist does not affect the course of the main plot, as it is always the same. You also won't get any personal side quests associated with a particular Slayer.