Dead Island 2: How to beat Dillon? Dead Island 2 guide, tips
Dillon is the first Inferno Crusher in Dead Island 2. Our guide discusses the fight with this Venice Beach district boss. You will learn how to get to the parking lot of Lenny's store, how to avoid Dillon's fiery attacks and how to defeat the boss.
Last update: Thursday, April 20, 2023
While exploring Venice Beach in Dead Island 2 you'll face an Inferno Crusher, Dillon, in a boss fight. Our walkthrough explains how to reach the parking lot where the boss awaits, how to deal with Dillon's fire attacks and how to deplete his health.
Dillon is the fourth major boss encountered during the main story. You'll face him in Venice Beach.
During the main quest The Giant-Slayer you'll need to access Lenny's store's parking lot, at the north of Venice Beach. Climb the damaged southern fence - you won't be able to leave until you beat the boss. Dillon, an Inferno Crusher - a stronger variant of the already known Crushers - will appear.
Inferno Crusher battle
The most important changes are that Dillon can deal fire damage and set your surroundings aflame.
Try to avoid burning areas. You can also quickly extinguish them with chemical bombs (one kind of a curveball).
The fight works similarly to those with "regular" breakers:
- Block or dodge in melee range - Blocking is preferable, as you can stun the boss with a successful parry.
- Block shockwaves or jump over them - Dillon causes waves of fire, which are more dangerous than regular ones.
You can weaken the boss using:
- Melee weapons - remember to hit him with strong attacks whenever he kneels after depleting his blue bar.
- Firearms - watch the indicators around the boss and stop firing if the game informs you he's resistant to the weapon you're using (its damage type).
- Fury mode - activating it will vastly increase your damage output.
Just like in other similar battles, don't focus too much on regular zombies, prioritize the boss. Dillon will drop some loot and Lenny's Parking Lot Key - you can use it at any of the gates to leave the arena.