Dead Island 2: How to increase the inventory? Dead Island 2 guide, tips
When playing Dead Island 2, you can receive a message about a full inventory - this will prevent you from picking up more items. Our guide explains whether you can expand your inventory and how to free up inventory space for new weapons and crafting materials.
Last update: Thursday, April 20, 2023
Inventory management is important in Dead Island 2, because it is easy to get the Full Inventory message. From this page, you will learn how to empty your inventory by getting rid of weapons and crafting materials, and whether there is an option to increase the inventory size permanently.
Increasing inventory permanently
Dead Island 2 does not have the option to increase the inventory permanently. Unfortunately, your character has the same inventory capacity throughout the entire game.
Weapons limit in inventory
You can carry a maximum of 16 different weapons in your inventory (melee weapons or firearms - each takes up 1 slot). 8 of these weapons can be assigned to the radial menu.
The main ways to get rid of unwanted weapons from your inventory are:
- Dropping weapons - do not do this, because you will not gain anything additional;
- Disassembling weapons - this will allow you to acquire various materials for crafting;
- Selling weapons to traders - this is the best way, because you can get up to several thousand dollars for a single weapon.
An alternative way is to move weapons to Storage Lockers, which you can find in, e.g. hideouts. The contents of all lockers are shared. Place in them:
- higher level items, i.e. those that you can't use yet;
- weapons you want to use later, such as melee weapons with specific stats or firearms you don't have ammo for.
Crafting materials inventory is full
Unfortunately, the inventory limit also applies to crafting materials. It may prevent you from picking up new components.
The limit is 99 pieces of a given component (scrap metal in the example in the picture). Once it is reached:
- use the given material for weapon upgrades;
- sell the material to a trader - do not get rid of the entire stock, but, for example, 10-20 pieces of a particular material.