The guide to DayZ (ArmA 2 mod) contains information crucial for beginners, which will not only let you live through your first moments in Chernarus, but also effectively function through the rest of your stay in this fictional country. The guide includes, among others:
- A short description of the overall rules;
- A detailed description of the user interface;
- Hints on finding a proper game server and differences between the difficulty levels;
- Detailed information on the game mechanics: daytime, camera, health, injuries, hunger and thirst, ways of exploring open and built-up areas, woods, interaction with "zeds" and other players;
- A map with most important places marked;
- A chapter summing up the first moments in Chernarus: how to begin in a given location, terrain navigation, where to head first and what to take care of in the first place (under development);
- A chapter dedicated to the first visit to Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, Berezino, Stary Sobor and the Airfield;
- Information on the PvP mode, bandits and cooperation with other players;
- Information on vehicles;
- A list of all the weapons);
- Some beginner hints.
Piotr "MaxiM" Kulka
Translated to English by Jakub "cilgan" Lasota
About DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Game Guide
Author : Piotr "MaxiM" Kulka for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "Cilgan" Lasota
last update : May 25, 2016
Guide contains : 51 pages, 260 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Game Guide
- Controls | Controls DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Guide.
- Main weapons - Sniper Rifles | Weapon list DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Guide.
- Backpacks | Equipment DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Guide.
- Tools belt | Equipment DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Guide.
- Bandits and their favourite hunting spots | PVP, interacting with other players DayZ - ArmA 2 mod Guide.
DayZ Video Game
- genre: MMO
- developer: Bohemia Interactive Studio
- publisher: Bohemia Interactive Studio
- platform: PC
A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.
Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
- DayZ - Official Website.
DayZ PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core i5 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card 1 GB (GeForce GTX 560 or better), 14 GB HDD, Windows Vista(SP2)/7(SP1)/8
More About DayZ
If you are interested in checking out Bohemia Interactive's DayZ, here's your chance. It's available for free until next Monday.
Since December 1st DayZ private servers owners can ask for an admission fee and accept donations from players. Bohemia Interactive is currently doing a test run of the monetization system to see how it works in their zombie-themed MMO.
DayZ received a big content update adding 75-player servers, new weapons and gear, and more. The 0.59 patch is currently available in the experimental branch, where players can help test it.
DayZ will get a single player mode and equip the players with tools to host their own servers. In the future, the game will use the Steam Workshop functionality to help modders. DayZ is expected to enter the beta phase by the end of the year.