On this page of our Days Gone guide, we will show you how to change the time of day in the game using the time control option. Bringing a change in the time of day can be useful for certain missions and additional actions.
The time of day can be changed by using the bed. After interacting with it Deacon will get to bed (you cannot determine the length of rest). Beds can be found in the following locations:
- Hideout at the Mountain of O'Leary - it's the location that Deacon and Boozer arrive at after the prologue of the game.
- The main camps in the game - Copeland camp, Hot Springs, iron Mike camp.
- Bunkers under captured camps - these are small camps that you can explore while playing the game. Most of them are controlled by bandits by default. You have to kill them all, and then find a hatch that allows you to go down into the bunker.
- NERO Checkpoints - By these we mean "stationary" posts. In other words, those that require the delivery of fuel to the generator (and optionally a fuse to the unit).
Deacon can't rest if there are enemies or monsters nearby. Clear up the neighborhood if you can't start sleeping.
Unfortunately, you cannot accurately determine the length of sleep. After visiting the bed game changes time from day to night or from night to day.
The main applications for changing the time of day are the following:
- The ability to sneak into the enemy camp at night.
- The opportunity to explore the lair of the Horde after dark (Horde then goes to the surface).
- Possibility of destroying the Freaker nest at night when there are fewer monsters in the nest.
- It's easier to get into a Freaker nest during the day.
Some story missions must be performed at certain times of the day. Then you don't have to rest. The game automatically sets the time of day at the time of accepting this mission.
An additional way (minor) to speed up the flow of time is to take advantage of a fast travel. When planning fast travel, you can see what time change is going to happen (example in the picture). Shorter trips last several tens of minutes, but further expeditions will require from Deacon to spend several hours of playing time.