On this page of the Days Gone game guide, you will learn how to treat Deacon's wounds. Unfortunately, your character's health does not replenish automatically. Additionally, we have also explained the negative consequences of Deacon's possible death.
- The most crucial information about Deacon's health bar
- First aid kits
- Healing cocktails
- Losing the entire health bar and death
The most crucial information about Deacon's health bar
- The health bar does not regenerate automatically. The only way to restore lost health points is to use one of the meds listed below.
- If the hero is on the verge of death (red screen) then the game may, as an exception, renew a few health points and give you a chance to use some meds. Regeneration will only take place if you do not suffer any damage for a while.
- Meds can be selected from the Survival Wheel (they are in the upper left corner of the menu). Alternatively, you can hold the left arrow on the controller, which will make Deacon use a first aid kit.
- You can heal Deacon during combat. What is more, he does not need any extra time in order to get the meds out of the inventory. The health points are restored immediately (in the case of the healing cocktail, only its initial effects will be felt instantly).
Bandages are the first of the common means of healing up the hero. After using a bandage, Deacon can recover up to 50% of the health bar.
- You can find bandages within the world of the game. They can usually be looted from the corpses of defeated enemies, but they can also appear in various containers.
- Alternatively, you can make bandages through the crafting mechanic. Deacon knows the recipe for producing this item from the very beginning of the game - the materials needed are a Rag and a Steriliser. You can easily find both of these crafting materials by exploring your surroundings.
- The main character can carry a maximum of 5 bandages. It is not always worth creating their maximum amount, because new bandages can be found and obtained for free, without the cost in material.
First aid kits
First aid kits are the second of the common means used to heal up the hero. After using a first aid kit, Deacon can recover up to 80% of the health bar.
- You cannot craft first aid kits.
- You can find first aid kits within the world of the game. A good chance of getting a first aid kit is guaranteed primarily by ambulances (break into the cargo compartment at the back of the vehicle) and NERO checkpoints. You can also find first aid kits randomly while exploring the surrounding environment.
- First aid kits can be bought from merchants in encampments. However, the game may block the option of buying them until the trust status with the given camp is raised to a specific level (complete missions related to the given camp, provide it with supplies, etc.).
- The main character can carry a maximum of 3 first aid kits.
In the later stages of the game, you can also unlock the options of crafting and using healing cocktails. Their use mainly revolves around slowly regenerating the health of the hero.
- A healing cocktail is the best med to use after winning a battle, i.e. when you do not need a rapid recovery of health points.
- In order to craft a healing cocktail, you will require a Rag, Berries and a Steriliser.
Losing the entire health bar and death
The loss of the entire health bar does not necessarily mean that the hero is immediately killed. You can still avoid death if you do not take any further damage after the screen turns red. After a while the game will renew a small part of the health bar and, of course, you can also freely use meds in the meantime.
In the case of Deacon's death, you will return to the game state from the most recent save file. By default, this will be the last save created by the game (checkpoint), although it is best to protect yourself and regularly create your own save files. These can be ordinary saves or quick saves. Relying on your own saves will safeguard you from losing a large part of the progress you have made, in the case that the game did not create an auto-save in a long time. Saving your progress has also been described on the FAQ page titled How to save the game?.