While at sea in Dave the Diver, you may encounter friendly dolphins and there will be a chance to help them a few times. On this page of our guide, you can find walkthroughs to the quests related to dolphins - these are A Dolphin's Request, What Happened to Dolphins, and Defeat Pirates. Completing this storyline in 100% is rewarded with a valuable Charm - Dolphin Necklace.
- Meeting #1 - A Dolphin's Request
- Meeting #2 - What Happened to the Dolphins?
- Meeting #3 - Defeat Pirates
Meeting #1 - A Dolphin's Request
- During Chapter 1 of the campaign, you'll encounter friendly dolphins several times - they will appear right after you hit the water.
- Unexpectedly, there is a special chain of quests given to you by and involving dolphins, and completing each of these will leave you with a reward.
- In the first quest, follow the dolphin to a location where the second pink dolphin is trapped in a net. Freeing him is very simple - just approach the net and hold SPACE, and Dave will free the dolphin.
- This concludes the first quest, and you'll receive Pearl as a reward. You just need to collect it from the sea floor. Pearl can be sold in Cobra's Shop for 100 gold.
Meeting #2 - What Happened to the Dolphins?
- Continue progressing through the game until after one of the dives, the gray dolphin will appear once again and ask for your help. Follow him.
- You'll reach a pink dolphin who is trapped in a net attached to a fishing boat. If you want to rescue him, make haste, as you need to free the animal before it is pulled onto the ship.
- While you're at it, watch out for attacking pirates, whose attacks are marked with red beams. To avoid them, you need to change your position well in advance.
- Once you're close to the net, press LMB to perform a knife slash. One strike will not be enough - continue hacking away at the net all the while avoiding attacks from pirates.
- The reward for the second mission is a Large Gold Bar. You can sell it at Cobra's Shop for whooping 500 gold.
Meeting #3 - Defeat Pirates
- While waiting for the third mission to initiate, continue with the story and gameplay as usual. In the aftermath of one of the dives, you'll be confronted by pirates who also decided to explore the depths.
- Your task now is to defeat 3 pirates and try to attack them one at a time. For the best results, use weapons or, as a last resort, the harpoon. Every pirate will withstand a few strikes before he is defeated.
- Once again, watch out for red beams which mark the trajectory of the incoming projectiles. If necessary, there are weapon and ammo boxes on the floor which can help you win the encounter.
The main prize for completing the dolphin quest chain is a Charm - Rusty Dolphin Necklace. Once received, you can return to the boat, open Diver Box and place it in an active slot. When active, the charm gives a 30% better Dash (activated by pressing SHIFT). This way you can swim underwater even faster.