Dave the Driver offers several diverse weapons, and among them are the Hush Dart and Tranquilizer Harpoon Tip for putting fish to sleep and the Net Gun for catching them. From our guide, you will find out how to obtain new non-lethal weapons and how to use the Tranquilizer and Small Net Gun to catch live specimens, including the White Spotted Jellyfish from the Gourmet Vincent's Challenge quest.
- How to get a Tranquilizer Hush Dart?
- How to get a Tranquilizer Harpoon Tip?
- How to obtain a Small Net Gun?
- Most important advantages of catching living fish
How to get a Tranquilizer Hush Dart?
- All new weapon models have to be found in underwater chests. Among them are the Tranquilizer (Hush Dart) and Small Net Gun.
- After finding a particular weapon, you can use it immediately. You can also take it back to the boat to unlock a blueprint fragment so you can craft it.
After you complete the blueprint, you can open the Weapon Shop app while you are on the boat. This opens a window where you can order weapons - you will need crafting materials for that.
The required materials to create a Hush Dart are:
- Red Starfish x2 (to be found lying on the bottom);
- Orange Starfish x2 (to be found lying on the bottom);
- Copper Ore x3 (use melee weapons to break underwater deposits);
- Gold x50.
After making the Hush Dart, you can set it as active weapon for subsequent dives. On the boat, interact with the Diver Box and set it in the active slot.
- The tranquilizer uses sleeping darts. Set Hush Dart as the active weapon (that is instead of the harpoon) and shoot the fish you come across.
- A fish that was hit with a sleeping dart will have three dots appear above it. You have to wait a few seconds now - default is 8 or less if you have obtained a higher level Hush Dart.
- After the fish falls asleep, ZZZ will appear above it. You can now swim up to it and hold SPACE to get a living specimen.
- The tranquilizer also works on predators, but once you shoot it, you will have to avoid its attacks until the sleeping dart starts working.
How to get a Tranquilizer Harpoon Tip?
- Tranquilizer Harpoon Tip can put fish to sleep in the same way as the Hush Dart. There is an additional percentage chance that a given fish will be put to sleep instantly.
- You can find Tranquilizer harpoon upgrades in random underwater locations. Look for the chests. At a given moment you can have 1 tip set as active.
How to obtain a Small Net Gun?
The first weapon from this category is the Small Net Gun. You can use it right away and you should also bring it back to the boat to complete the blueprint, so you can craft it in the Weapon Shop app. The materials needed to craft a Small Net Gun are:
- Rope x4 (can be found at the bottom);
- Scrap Iron x2 (can be found at the bottom);
- Gold x100.
- Net Gun allows you to catch fish in a net. Set it as an active weapon (that is instead of a harpoon) and aim at the schools of fish.
- After catching the fish, swim up to the net and hold SPACE. All specimens from the net will be obtained alive.
- Small Net Gun has 2 limitations - you cannot catch large specimens (e.g. a shark) and you can catch a maximum of 7 fish in the net at a time. Later the campaign, you will acquire better nets - giving you new opportunities.
Most important advantages of catching living fish
- The main motivation for using non-lethal weapons, such as Hush Dart or Net Gun, is the chance to catch higher quality fish. This will allow you to prepare better dishes in the sushi bar.
- You can find out about the quality of the fish you caught in the bottom left corner of the screen. You can double your profit if you catch a live and rare species of fish. We always recommend using all of your supplies of sleep darts or nets before ending the hunt and returning to the boat.
- Tranquilizer or Net Gun may also come in handy during the Gourmet Vincent's Challenge quest. You get it from Bancho in the sushi bar, and it involves catching a live White Spotted Jellyfish.