Harpoon Gun is one of the most useful weapons/tools in Dave the Diver and on this page of our guide, we will help you in grasping all that is needed to know about it. Here we show how to permanently upgrade the harpoon, and how to use temporary harpoon boosts and the effects of the most useful ones. All of this will help you in fishing and attacking using the harpoon.
How and where to buy permanent harpoon upgrades?
- One of the quests you'll have the chance of completing in Chapter 1 of the game is Tracking the Sea People. As a reminder, the quest unlocks iDiver app on your smartphone, which allows buying equipment upgrades.
- Harpoon Gun is one of the categories of upgrades. There are better variants of the harpoon, differing mainly in damage dealt. Harpoon Gun upgrades, as all other categories of upgrades, cost gold to unlock.
- We recommend upgrading the harpoon at least once while still in the iniital phase of the game. This will make it easier for you to catch larger species of fish or to defend yourself against aggressive life forms.
Harpoon upgrades are also often found in underwater chests. In addition of increasing the overall damage, you may receive an additional effect. Example effects are:
- Flame - inflicting fire damage;
- Shock - a chance to paralyze and slow down the attacked creature;
- Lightning - a chance for discharges to jump between nearby entities.
The problem with harpoon effects is that you cannot take them back to the surface and keep them permanently. Each diving session starts with the basic version of the harpoon and you need to search for the effects all over again.