The battle against John Watson takes place in Chapter 2 of Dave the Diver and we described it in detail in our guide. We show how to prepare for the clash, how to avoid grenade launcher shots, how to react to charging attacks of the boss, and how successfully defeat the enemy diver.
First meeting with John Watson
- John Watson is one of the human antagonists in the game and the first full encounter with him awaits you right after the start of Chapter 2 - Into the Deep.
- While still on the boat, try to equip the hero with weapons of the highest damage output among those you have unlocked (you can buy and immediately receive them through the Weapons Shop app).
- After going underwater, a scene with meeting John Watson will start, and after a short exchange of sentences, you will begin the fight.
How to eliminate the enemy diver?
- The boss's basic attack is shooting from a grenade launcher and contact with the flying projectile can seriously injure you.
- After the enemy fires the launcher, a trajectory of the missile will apppear and to escape, quickly swim up or down. This should be enough to avoid the attack.
- The second attack of the boss are charges and expect one when lightnings appear over Watson's head.
- The boss always perform a few charges in a row. Swim away from him and wait for the combination to end.
- To inflict damage on Watson, use the best weapon you can muster. It is best to fire your weapons right after each completed attack of the boss.
- If you run out of ammunition, switch to Harpoon or look for Ammo Box crates in the area. Be watchful of your oxygen supply and don't use dash too often as you may deplete it prematurely.
- The duel will end once you've dealt enough damage to Watson. Depending on how much oxygen you have left, return to the boat or proceed through the newly unlocked underwater passage.