Staff can help you run your sushi bar in Dave the Diver. On this guide page you will find information on how to search for potential employees, how to have the best staff by training them, as well as what positions are available in the restaurant and what they are about.
How to search for new employees?
- You unlock the mechanic of searching for employees in chapter 1 after preparing and serving the Whole Roasted Shark Head dish - we've described it on a separate page of the guide.
- In the sushi bar, talk to Yoshie to learn how to recruit and hire a new employee.
- In the main window of the sushi bar, select the new Staff tab (3 on the keyboard).
- You must start an employee recruitment campaign - press CTRL. The simplest method is to make Flyer Ads. Since this is a tutorial, this option will be free. Next recruitment campaigns will cost gold.
- In the further part of the game, you can also choose TV Ad and Internet Ad. They are more expensive, but they allow you to get a larger group of candidates and choose the best one.
- You have to wait until the next day to respond to the job application. Return to the restaurant, select the Staff option again and press CTRL to go to the recruitment menu.
- Only 1 person will apply in the tutorial, but later, depending on the ad campaign, it will be 2-4 candidates. You can choose a person/people from the list and confirm employment.
Chefs and waiters
You need to assign a position to the new employee. Available job positions in your sushi bar:
- Cooks - This will allow for quicker meal preparation, as each cook works separately on the meals.
- Waiters - Initially, Dave himself serves as a waiter. Other employees may automatically assist in serving customers and delivering their meals. In the tutorial, you will just test setting up the first waiter.
The next slots will unlock after increasing the restaurant's rank in the Cooksta application - you need to achieve silver and gold ranks.
How to have the best staff?
- Having better employees can improve the operation of your restaurant - meals can be prepared faster and delivered more efficiently to the customers.
- The first way to get a better staff is to pay for better advertisements. More people may apply, increasing the chance that there will be candidates with high statistics among them. Employing such people is unfortunately correspondingly more expensive (e.g. almost 1000 coins in the example from the picture).
- The second method is to train your current employees. You need to highlight the employee in the Staff tab, press SPACE, and choose the Training command from the menu.
- You have to pay for each training, but this will increase the stats. There is also a chance that a given employee can acquire a new skill (e.g. Cleaning to keep the bar clean).