Night fishing and diving is not available in Dave the Diver right away. In our guide, we explain what the initial daily schedule is and how to unlock the option to dive at night. On the page, we also described A Noisy Customer side mission from chapter 2, in which the hero must catch a Moray Eel at night.
Initial daily schedule
The initial daily schedule in Dave the Diver looks as follows:
- You can start diving in the morning - fishing and find treasures.
- You can start diving in the afternoon - fishing and find treasures.
- In the evening, you can visit the sushi bar - manage the restaurant, set the menu, and start serving customers. By default, diving in the evening and at night is blocked - the interaction icon will not appear after you stand at the edge of the boat.
You can also use the skip time option. Time Skip is under the T key. We recommend this only if you want to achieve a mission goal faster, for example, do new activities in the restaurant. Skipping diving and fishing won't let you to prepare new dishes at the sushi bar.
How to unlock night diving?
- Complete chapter 1 by defeating the Giant Squid boss - we described this battle on a separate page of the guide.
- Take the Pink Delivery Box from the boss's lair and return to the surface. You will unlock the Deep Sea Headlamp.
- Meet with several NPCs in the sushi bar, and you will advance to chapter 2 - Into the Deep.
- This starts a new main quest, Going Deeper, during which you need to, e.g. defeat John Watson - we discussed this fight on a separate page.
- Wait for a call from Bancho. He will inform the hero about a problematic customer - this will unlock A Noisy Customer side quest.
- Return to the sushi bar and talk to the customer in the hat - that's Otto (image above).
- You will receive the task of preparing a Moray Eel Curry. You need a Moray Eel, but it only appears in the depths at night.
- From now on, you can dive at night instead of going straight to the restaurant. Stand at the edge of the boat and jump into the water.
- Diving in the evening hours shortens the restaurant's opening hours. The open time can be shortened by up to 33%. This means that you will be able to serve fewer customers and this creates a risk that you will earn less gold in a given evening. However, it's worth diving at night, because you can discover new species of fish along with other attractions (and, unfortunately, new dangers).
How to complete A Noisy Customer quest?
- Catching an eel is not difficult, but bring a good weapon with you.
- After jumping into the water, swim down.The Moray Eel is a elongated fish represented by a blue icon - it will be hostile towards the hero. Avoid eel's attacks and kill it so you can add pieces of fish to the inventory.
- Visit the sushi bar in the evening hours. Go to the menu tab and look for the Moray Eel Curry dish on the list (note - there is more than one dish in which eel is an ingredient, so choose the correct one!).
- After preparing the menu, open the bar, wait until the chef prepares the curry and deliver the meal to Otto. This will trigger a conversation.
- The main reward for completing the quest is unlocking the Fish Farm location, where you will be able to breed fish by using fish eggs you got from the sea depths.