This game guide to the Darkest Dungeon 2 aims to guide players through the main storyline and explain the gameplay mechanics. It includes location descriptions and exploration mechanics, which are the main aspect of the game, allowing you to develop your character, obtain wealth and get closer to the final objective of the game - the titular Darkest Dungeon.
You will encounter numerous obstacles along the journey and frequently, you will need to resolve these matters violently - thus, we have prepared a combat guide and the explanations to the tokens and icons, which make up the second most important part of this game guide. Additionally, we provide descriptions of the available heroes and their skills so that you can skillfully assemble your team and decrease the risk of your heroes dying. You will also learn how to conduct expeditions and understand the new relationship and stress mechanics. In the FAQ section, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the game. The guide also includes information on the game's language versions, system requirements and a list of controls.
Darkest Dungeon 2 was released on 10.26.2021 in Early Access. This means that players only get access to 1 of the 5 planned story missions. The guide is based on the Early Access version and will be updated on an ongoing basis.
- Darkest Dungeon 2: Quick beginner's guide
- Darkest Dungeon 2: The basics
- Darkest Dungeon 2: Team
- Darkest Dungeon 2: Expeditions
- Darkest Dungeon 2: FAQ
- Darkest Dungeon 2: PC system requirements
Darkest Dungeon 2: Quick beginner's guide
- Don't take risks: it's worth avoiding unnecessary risks during the initial stages of the game, but you won't be able to avoid them completely. Avoid Lairs and battles against Cultists.
- Don't get discouraged: you can always start over. Everyone will have to start over.
- A lot of your progress carries over to the next playthrough: the heroes you have unlocked, abilities, and your Profile level will also unlock new Quirks and Trinkets during your next playthrough.
- An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure: instead of relying on raw physical strength, make sure to use modifiers during combat. It's better to prevent the enemy from hitting you than having to heal later.
- Manage relationships: the relationship levels between teammates are difficult to rebuild.
- Don't let the heroes get overwhelmed by Stress: this statistic is just as important as Life, if not more. Reaching the maximum Stress level will destroy the hero's relationships with allies and lower their Life by almost 90%.
- Use items on a regular basis: low inventory capacity prevents you from hoarding items. Use Trinkets, while making sure to dispose of old and useless ones, utilise combat items during battles, and don't skimp on using Inn Items as much as you can.
You can find more tips on the following page: Beginner's Guide.
Darkest Dungeon 2: The basics
In this section, you will find basic information, as well as other facts that may be quite useful, such as the meaning behind icons and tokens. Here you will find a handful of tips, information about the game and a few explanations about the mechanics that appear in the game.
- DD1 and DD2 - differences
- Icons, tokens, abbreviations - what do they mean?
- Profile and Hope
- Mastery Points
Darkest Dungeon 2: Team
The pages of the guide devoted to your Team contain information about such aspects as relationships and bonds, how the Stress mechanic works, what Quirks are and what causes them. Overall, you will find information about the attributes of party members, which can be viewed on the hero's page.
Darkest Dungeon 2: Expeditions
Expeditions are journeys deep into the regions. Their goal is to fight and collect rewards and move towards the Mountain. On these pages, you will find information and tips related to the Expeditions available in the Inn.
Darkest Dungeon 2: FAQ
In the FAQ section, you will find answers to the most common questions about the game and more. We've also included short answers to individual issues, making it easier to find the content you need.
- Stagecoach - how to drive?
- New heroes - how to unlock?
Darkest Dungeon 2: PC system requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6700k
- RAM: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 950/AMD R7 370
- Disk space: 10 GB
- Operating system: Windows 10
These are the system requirements recommended by the developer. However, the game doesn't require expensive hardware and should easily work on older computers. The only hard requirements are: DirectX 10 support and Windows 10. For more information, check out the System requirements page.
About Darkest Dungeon 2 Guide
Author : Patrick "yxu" Homa for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : October 28, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Darkest Dungeon II Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Red Hook Studios
- publisher: Red Hook Studios
- platform: PC
More About Darkest Dungeon II
2021 certainly promises a number of high-profile games, very hyped and strongly advertised. Next to them, however, will be more obscure games, which may turn unlikely candidates for the game of the year title. Here is our selection of such games.
It's time to make an overview of the most anticipated RPGs of 2020. This year will be filled with various types of role-playing titles. Anyway, we already know what you are waiting for.