This page of the Cyberpunk 2077 game guide provides tips on how to farm XP and loot. We have prepared a recommended farming path, which allows V to quickly develop their skills and earn a multitude of useful and valuable items.
- Farming in Cyberpunk 2077 - general information
- Where to farm XP and loot - a sample location
- What to do with the loot gained from farming?
Farming in Cyberpunk 2077 - general information
In Cyberpunk 2077, farming (i.e. repeating the same actions in order to gain experience points, eurodollars or valuable items) is not necessary at all during the majority of the campaign. On the map of the Night City you will regularly find more markers for optional missions and activities. You can choose the missions and events that interest you the most and that do not pose a big challenge for V.
Farming might only become necessary in the final phase of the game, i.e. after you have "cleaned" most of the map, but you still require:
- A large amount of eddies to purchase vehicles and advanced cyberware.
- A large amount of crafting materials to produce very rare / legendary items.
- A large amount of XP to increase V's skills and level (preferably to the maximum level - 20).
Where to farm XP and loot - a sample location
We recommend a great farming location showcased in the image above. It is the Coastview sub-district of Pacifica. At first, reach the crossroads close to the fast travel point by the Chapel and then make your way north along the path marked in the image.
Before you set off to the indicated place, make sure that V is at a sufficiently high experience level, i.e. that the other activities in the area do not display a high or very high danger level indicator. Remember that farming is mainly useful in the later stages of the game. For the first few dozen hours you will have no issues finding locations where you can earn XP and loot.
We have indicated areas where you can find 2 groups of 3 opponents each. If you play your cards right, you'll be able to fight one group at a time and thus make the challenge easier for yourself.
Remember to use weapons and attacks that will increase the skills you want to develop. For example, if you want to improve your Assault ability, use assault / sniper rifles to crack down on your opponents.
Enemies will always drop some loot. Try to collect everything and search all the bodies. Your priority should always be to collect rare, epic and legendary loot, but don't ignore common items, because, in the worst case scenario, they're at least good for selling.
After the fight is over, return to the starting point, i.e. the crossroads near the Chapel. Turn around and head towards the same location again. This will cause the defeated opponents to respawn. You will be able to attack them again to once more obtain XP and collect an entirely new batch of loot.
Remember that if you don't put enough distance between you and the location of the opponents you just faced, one or both groups of enemies might not respawn. Returning to the crossroads next to the Chapel guarantees that the enemies will respawn correctly.
What to do with the loot gained from farming?
Here's some tips on what to do with the loot obtained from farming:
- It's best to sell most of these items. In the area you will find 2 drop points (at each one you'll be able to sell items of a total value of 20000 credits), but there is also a market with several vendors near the chapel.
- Hacks and crafting materials may prove quite useful. Pay special attention as to whether the enemies dropped the epic Detonate grenade quick hack (pictured above). You may need it to get the Daemon in the Shell achievement.