This page of Cyberpunk 2077 guide contains a walkthrough of side jobs referring to the Beat on the Brat quest. These are optional fist fights, the participants of which fight for credits. Our walkthrough will help you win all the fights (including one optional fight) and obtain the best rewards.
- Unlocking fist fight quests
- Fist fights - key information and tips
- Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Kabuki
- Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Arroyo
- Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Glen
- Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Rancho Coronado
- Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Pacifica (optional fight)
- Beat on the Brat - The final fight
Unlocking fist fight quests
How to start the quest: You can unlock a series of boxing quests quite early into the game, namely shortly after completing The Rescue main job once you reach V's apartment in the Watson district.
After leaving the apartment, go to the lower level. On your way to the elevator you will reach the boxing ring where you will find Coach Fred. You have to talk to him.
Coach Fred will suggest a mock fight with a training robot. Agree and start off the fight: defeating the training robot should not cause you any problems and should be rather easy. You don't have to deploy any advanced moves in this fight: regular fist attacks will be enough to win.
After you've finished your sparring match, talk to Fred. You'll learn about the possibility of participating in fights with various boxing masters in different parts of Night City. The Beat on the Brat quest will remain in your log for a longer period of time and there will also be other side jobs regarding taking part in specific fights.
Fist fights - key information and tips
- There is a total of 6 fist fights you may participate in, one of which is optional. There are 4 "qualifying" fights and one final fight (obligatory).
- Almost all fights allow you to put credits at stake. Always try to choose the highest possible bet so that you can win as many credits as possible. Of course, you can protect yourself and save the game before starting the fight. This will help you protect yourself from losing your credits.
- We suggest that you postpone your fist fights for later. Do not deal with them if they are marked with either high or very high danger level in the quest log. Otherwise, you might not be able to weaken your rival and V will be prone to losing the fight very quickly. It is best to leave the final fight until the end of the game and take part in it after V reaches the top experience level, which is 50.
- Try to practice the fighting basics on regular opponents. This will prepare you to deal with stronger enemies. The most important movements to be mastered are dodges, blocks, counter-attacks as well as parrying strong fist attacks.
Additional note: Not all fist fight quests will immediately appear in your quest log. If you don't see a quest marker when you reach a specific district, look in the quest log for other fights or just advance in the game and try again later.
- Blades and firearms cannot be used in fist fights. Gadgets and health items are also forbidden. In the latter case, you can at most rely on perks which enable automatic health regeneration, but do not think that your opponent will allow you to comfortably cure yourself.
- There are ways to make winning fights less troublesome. The most important tip is to buy Gorilla Arms at your ripperdoc - it is a unique hand cyberware which allows you to deal more damage in fist fights. As far as possible, get yourself the highest quality Gorilla Arms and try to improve them further.
- The right character build for V will also increase your chances of winning the fights. Allocate as many attribute points as possible to the Body attribute in order to gain more health and stamina points and to further increase the effectiveness of Gorilla Arms. In addition, we advise you to unlock as many Street Brawler perks as possible.
- In fist fights, you may rely on cyberware and perks that automatically slow down time. It can be useful especially at the beginning of the fight and will allow you to launch the first easy attack.
Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Kabuki
The fight takes place in the Kabuki subdistrict of Watson.
You may have trouble getting to the fight arena because it is on the roof of the building and the door on the ground floor is closed. To solve this problem, go left and follow the stairs marked in the picture. Later on, while climbing, you can use the yellow ladder or simply jump to the higher shelves and grab them.
Talk to Certo and Esquerdo to find out that you have to fight both of them at the same time, so basically it will be a two-on-one fight. You can go for a small (500 credits) or a big bet (2000 credits) on who wins.
Once you start fighting, try to attack one of the twins. Your goal is to create a situation in which only one enemy remains on the ring as fast as possible. Certo and Esquerdo look similar to each other, but wear different clothes, which will help you recognize who you're fighting with at the moment.
Avoid situations in which you lose sight of one of the twins. He can then easily perform an attack that you will not notice and, as a result, you will not be able to react.
During fights, try to block punches or jump back/to the side. Remember that you can defeat each of the twins much faster if you rely on counterattacks, i.e. press (not hold) the block button just before V is about to get punched.
Defeating twins will gain you 500 or 2000 credits as well as experience points.
Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Arroyo
The location of the fight is a makeshift arena in the Arroyo subdistrict of Santo Domingo.
Here you will have to defeat a war veteran, Buck Arnold. You can go for a standard bet (2900 credits) or you can also mention his rifle. This option will be available only if you have allocated enough points to the Body attribute. You can persuade Buck to put a rifle at stake as well.
Fighting Buck is nothing special. Try to react to his attacks which he ends with strong punches. Fortunately, they are signaled very clearly, so you can react to them properly: jump back/sideways or try to block them.
After defeating Buck, the situation may unfold in several ways:
- If you haven't mentioned the rifle before and want to behave in an honourable manner, you can take your due credits and leave the location.
- If you have persuaded Buck to put the rifle at stake, expect a fight - Buck will withdraw his promise and you will be attacked by the people gathered here. Equip some good firearms or blades quickly.
- If you haven't mentioned the rifle before but want to have this weapon for yourself, you can convince Buck to fight and try to take the rifle by force.
Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Glen
The fight is located in The Glen subdistrict of Heywood.
Your opponent is El Cesar Diego Ruiz, who will initially stand by the hood of his limousine. The stake is 4000 credits. El Cesar will additionally bet his car and you do not have to designate any of your cars to balance the bet.
You will fight on a basketball court. It is recommended to take advantage of the fact that you can move around a lot and perform dodges freely without having to worry that you may suddenly find yourself right by the fence.
This fight is another one which contains signalled attacks: you can clearly notice the moments when the opponent prepares for a stronger attack. Move away quickly or jump away from him and wait until it is "safe" to attack him again.
After winning the fight, you can choose the prize. There are 4 options available:
- Taking the car and credits.
- Taking the car and leaving the credits to Cesar.
- Taking the credits and leaving the car to Cesar.
- Declining the prize - El Cesar will keep the car and credits.
The best choice is taking the car and credits. The game allows you to buy a similar car to the one used by El Cesar, but his convertible is still a unique copy. Moreover, you will not receive any tangible reward if you let El Cesar keep the car and/or the money. Declining the prize only allows you to befriend Cesar, who will appear among the audience during your final fight.
Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Rancho Coronado
The fight is located in the Arroyo subdistrict of Santo Domingo.
The entrance to the building where the fight takes place is guarded by an Animals' bouncer. There are three ways to deal with it:
- Pay the bodyguard 3800 credits for the right of entry.
- Intimidate the bouncer (this will be possible only if V has 10 Body attribute points).
- Go around the building and find a window through which you can get inside.
Your opponent is Rhino, a muscular woman from the Animals gang. There is no wager: here you fight only to prove which one of you is a better fighter. Say you're ready to go with Rhino to the arena.
The fight is problematic due to a very small fighting area - it is a circular arena with additional barbed-wire poles. Fortunately, blundering into them does not drain a lot of health points, so avoiding them at all costs is not essential.
Put much more emphasis on avoiding Rhino's punches because they are very strong and even a well-built V can be eliminated by 2-3 successful attacks. It is safer to resort to dodges. A good fighting tactic is to charge a strong punch, run up to Rhino quickly and release the attack button to launch a strong attack. Once you do it, quickly retreat and start charging the strong punch once again.
What is interesting is that it is possibly to skip this fight completely, i.e. it will automatically be considered as a victory. In the same building, you may take up the For My Son gig. One of its possible outcomes assumes provoking the Animals to fight. For obvious reasons, V then becomes the enemy of the people in this location. In such a situation, Coach Fred will contact you and tell you to skip this fight. You will still be able to participate in the final fight. Skipping the battle with Rhino does not cancel the main fist fight quest.
Beat on the Brat - the Champion of Pacifica (optional fight)
This fight is the only one that does not need to be played to advance to the grand finale. Nothing stands in the way of leaving it for later and getting down to it only after defeating the main opponent of the entire quest.
The combat option will appear only after the Send in the Clowns side job has been completed, i.e. after you complete the quest involving supporting the clown Ozob. The fight is located in the Coastview subdistrict in the Pacifica.
Your enemy is the aforementioned Ozob. Try to choose the highest bet because it is as high as 32 000 credits. If you don't have that many credits on you, then return to Ozob after you have collected the required amount and don't forget to save the game beforehand just in case.
The fight takes place in an empty swimming pool. Take advantage of the fact that you have a lot of room to maneuver and try to move around a lot. Ozob is a slow opponent, but his attacks are extremely strong. As in the case of the Rancho Coronado boss, a good tactic is to charge single strong attacks and run up to the opponent to launch them.
If you want to win the fight faster, it is recommended to focus on Ozob's head in order to damage the grenade set on his nose. Just remember to move away before the explosion.
Beat on the Brat - The final fight
You can start the final fight of the Beat on the Brat quest series after:
- You have defeated the Champions of Kabuki
- You have defeated the Champion of Arroyo
- You have defeated the Champion of The Glen
- You have defeated the Champion of Rancho Coronado or have become enemies with the Animals from the fighting location
The final fight is located in a shopping mall in the Coastview subdistrict of Pacifica. Sit on the bench to wait for the participants and the audience to arrive.
When you reach the arena, you will meet Coach Fred, who will suggest throwing the fight. You can agree to hear more details about the proposal in private and then agree to his plan or decline it.
Throwing the fight with the local champion is a more recommended way of completing quest as it will simply give you more credits.
The final opponent is Razor Hugh. Before the fight starts off, you will meet Viktor, who will give you a hint how to weaken your opponent more effectively.
There are two ways to finish this quest:
- If you want to give up and lose, let Razor defeat you. After the fight, talk to Fred and collect additional credits from him.
- If you want to win legally, expect a very difficult fight. Razor's attacks deal enormous damage and since you're fighting in a boxing ring, you won't have much room to move around. Rely on dodges and jumping away since blocks and counterattacks are more risky. Razor's weak point is situated on his stomach. You can try to hit him there and so, deal more damage. If you manage to defeat Razor, you will get less credits than if you threw the fight, but you will gain more Street Cred.
The fight with Razor can be played through only once. We recommend making a quick save just before entering the ring.
The fight will be watched by some of the previously defeated champions. However, their presence will not affect your chances of success in any way.