On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 guide, you will read about one of the suggested complete builds for your character. You'll learn how best to distribute attribute points, what equipment and mods to choose, and what perks to opt for.
One of the most interesting types of firearms available in Cyberpunk 2077 is the Tech weapon: a powerful kinetic weapon that fires bullets driven by electromagnetic pulses. Tech weapons are long range and can penetrate all sorts of surfaces, like walls or containers. Moreover, the Technical Ability developed in the suggested build will allow you to craft powerful items and useful modifications.
When you create a character in Cyberpunk 2077, you will be given 7 points to distribute among the five main attributes. It's important to note here that you can't assign them all to one attribute, because the limit of each attribute in the character creator has been set to 6. We suggest distributing the attribute points as follows:
- Technical Ability: 6 points;
- Reflexes: 6 points;
- Body: 4 points.
Make sure you use all available attribute points when creating a new character. If you don't, the unused attribute points will be lost.
The main attributes for the suggested character build in Cyberpunk 2077 are the Technical Ability and Reflexes. The rest of the attribute points should be assigned to Body.
- Technical Ability: this attribute allows you to use Tech weapons, but it also increases your character's Armor and the lock opening ability;
- Reflexes: this attribute is primarily responsible for mobility and critical hit chance (1% per level), but it also unlocks access to the most important rifle perks;
- Body: An additional attribute worth investing the remaining points into, but only after the previously mentioned main attributes have been maxed out. The Body attribute primarily increases the character's health and stamina.
Below, you will find a detailed list of all of the most important perks that you should pay attention to while developing your character in Cyberpunk 2077. These perks will be crucial and greatly affect the effectiveness of the Tech Enginner build.
Technical Ability - Engineering
Can't Touch This
You are resistant to the effects of grenades thrown by you.
Up to 11
It allows you to charge Tech weapons up to 75%/100% of their capacity.
The chance of a critical hit from a Tech weapon is increased by 3%/6%/10%.
It increases the charge multiplier for Tech weapons by 15%/35%/55%.
Fully charged Tech weapons do not shoot automatically.
Tech weapon reload time is reduced by 10%/20%.
A fully charged Tech weapon deals 50% more damage.
Fuck All Walls
Reduces the charge level of Tech weapons necessary to break through walls by 30%.
Tech weapons ignore armor.
Tech weapons deal 25% more damage. Damage dealt with a charged weapon is increased by 10% (+1% for each additional perk point).
Technical Ability - Crafting
You will gain more components when disassembling items.
It enables crafting rare items.
Crafted weapons deal 2.5%/5% more damage.
It enables crafting epic items.
Crafting items uses 15%/30% less components.
Waste Not Want Not
When disassembling an item, you get back the modifications installed in it.
It enables crafting legendary items.
The damage stats of crafted legendary items are increased by 5%.
Reflexes - Assault
The further you are from your enemies, the greater rifle damage you will deal to them.
Rifle damage is increased by 10% when aiming.
If you shoot from a rifle while standing still, you will deal 35% more damage.
It increases crit damage from rifles and submachine guns by 35%.
You will deal 25% more damage to enemies with health above 50% while using a rifle.
Nerves of Steel
Sniper rifles and precision rifles will deal an additional 20%/30% of damage in the case of a headshot.
Body - Athletics
Increases health by 10%/20%/30%.
Reloading is also possible during sliding, sprinting and vaulting.
Health regenerates to 70%/80%/90% of its maximum value outside of combat.
In Cyberpunk 2077 you will find a whole lot of equipment. The stats of the items you find will mostly be random, so you should know what to look for when choosing the right weapons and clothes.
The main weapon in the proposed build will be a Tech precision rifle, such as the Widowmaker or M-179E Achilles. Make sure the weapon offers the highest possible charge multiplier and damage multiplier at headshot. An additional bonus to the critical hit chance is important too. If you are interested in the Legendary M-179E Achilles Rifle, you can buy it from a weapon vendor in Downtown (you need to take the elevator to the 4th floor of the building).
While playing Cyberpunk 2077 you will find a whole bunch of clothes, but you should pay special attention to the items with a bonus to the critical hit chance, as well as to critical damage.
In Cyberpunk 2077, players can additionally modify cyberware, weapons, and clothing to better suit their character to their play style of choice. When choosing the right modifications, you should pay special attention to the mods that increase the critical hit chance, critical damage, and headshot damage.
There are three options worth considering when you choose your weapon mods: Crunch, Pacifier, and Penetrator.
- Crunch: increases overall weapon damage by 6/7/8/9/10 (depending on mod quality). Can be purchased from any weapon vendor;
- Pacifier: increases critical damage by 6/8/10/12% (depending on mod quality). Can be purchased from any weapon vendor.
- Penetrator: increases critical hit chance by 2/3/4/5/6% (depending on mod quality). Can be purchased from any weapon vendor.
There are three options worth considering when you select your armor mods: Bully, Deadeye, and Fortune.
- Bully: Increases critical damage by 30%. You can find it while doing the main quest I Walk the Line or buy it from a vendor (only at higher character experience level);
- Deadeye: Critical hit chance 15%, Critical damage 30%. Can be purchased e.g. from a clothing vendor in Japantown;
- Fortune: chance of critical hit 15%. Can be bought from vendors in the City Center, at a higher experience level.
Trajectory Analysis is one of the best modifications for Kiroshi that you can get in Cyberpunk 2077. With this modification, the headshot damage is increased by 50%. You can buy Trajectory Analysis from Viktor, after paying off your debt.
- If you chose the Bullseye perk, remember that you deal more damage when you aim;
- Keep in mind that with Tech weapons you can shoot right away or charge the shot to deal more damage;
- Tech gun shots pierce through obstacles so you can take down enemies hiding e.g. behind containers or walls;
- After charging your weapon, try to shoot the enemy in the head or weak spot to deal the most damage possible.