On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 guide, you will read about one of the suggested complete builds for your character. You'll learn how best to distribute attribute points, what equipment and mods to choose, and what perks to opt for.
In Cyberpunk 2077 you can use not only firearms and blades, but also deadly Hacks - therefore, this build description focuses on netrunner skills. If you distribute the attribute points correctly, including specific perks and mods, you will become an elusive, deadly netrunner.
If you do not yet know how breach protocol, hacking and quickhacking work, and also what effects and statuses of hacking are present in Cyberpunk 2077, we encourage you to visit the relevant pages of our guide that address these issues in detail: Breach Protocol, Hacking, Quickhacking, Hacking Statuses and Effects.
- Character creation
- Key attributes
- Key perks
- The most important mods and cyberware
- General Tips
When you create a character in Cyberpunk 2077, you will be given 7 points to distribute among the five main attributes. It's important to note here that you can't assign them all to one attribute, because the limit of each attribute in the character creator has been set to 6. We suggest distributing the attribute points as follows:
- Intelligence: 6 points;
- Reflexes: 6 points;
- Body: 4 points.
Make sure you use all available attribute points when creating a new character. If you don't, the unused attribute points will be lost.
The main attributes for the suggested character build in Cyberpunk 2077 are Intelligence and Reflexes. The rest of the attribute points should be assigned to Body.
- Intelligence: This attribute increases Cyberdeck memory (0.4 per level), increases Hack damage (0.5% per level), and increases the Hack duration (1% per level);
- Reflexes: This attribute is primarily responsible for mobility and the chance of a critical hit (1% per level), but it also unlocks access to the most important perks of the rifles that will serve as a side weapon;
- Body: An additional attribute worth investing the remaining points into, but only after the previously mentioned main attributes have been maxed out. The Body attribute primarily increases the character's health and stamina.
Below, you will find a detailed list of all of the most important perks that you should pay attention to while developing your character in Cyberpunk 2077. These perks will be crucial and significantly affect how effective the Netrunner build will be.
Unlocks the Mass Vulnerability daemon. Reduces the physical resistance to damage for all enemies by 30%.
Duration: 3/6 minutes.
Mass Vulnerability: Quickhacks
Improves the Mass Vulnerability daemon. Enemies also receive 30% more damage from quickhacks.
Uploading three or more daemons in a single Protocol Breach increases cyberdeck RAM recovery rate by 3/6 for 60 seconds.
Duration: 50 minutes.
The ICEpick daemon reduces all quickhack costs by 1.
The ICEpick daemon reduces all quickhack costs by 1.
The length of daemon sequences is reduced by 1, minimum to 2.
The duration of each daemon's effects is increased by 100%.
Activating Breach Protocol will automatically upload the first daemon from the list.
During quickhacking the mini-game time counter is increased by 50% (+5% for each additional perk point).
Hacks deal 10%/20%/30% more damage.
The cyberdeck RAM is recovered during combat. 4/8/12 RAM units are recovered every 60 seconds.
The quickhack duration is increased by 25%/50%.
Defeating an enemy who has been hacked restores 1 Cyberdeck RAM point.
Quickhack spread distance is doubled.
Quickhacks can deal crit hits depending on your crit hit level and crit damage.
Reduces the cost of quickhacks by 1 RAM unit.
The Cyberdeck RAM amount can't fall below 2/3/4.
Hacks deal 50%/100% more damage to unaware targets.
Unlocks diagrams for crafting legendary quickhacks.
Master RAM Liberator
RAM recovery rate is increased by 50% (+1% for each additional perk point).
Reflexes - Assault
The further you are from your enemies, the greater rifle damage you will deal to them.
Rifle damage is increased by 10% when aiming.
If you shoot from a rifle while standing still, you will deal 35% more damage.
It increases crit damage from rifles and submachine guns by 35%.
You will deal 25% more damage to enemies with health above 50% while using a rifle.
Nerves of Steel
Sniper rifles and precision rifles will deal an additional 20%/30% of damage in the case of a headshot.
Body - Athletics
Increases health by 10%/20%/30%.
Reloading is also possible during sliding, sprinting and vaulting.
Health regenerates to 70%/80%/90% of its maximum value outside of combat.
The main weapon of a Netrunner will of course be the Cyberdeck, which can contain a sufficient number of quickhacks. Probably the best choice is the Tetratronic Rippler MK.4, which can be bought from the Ripperdoc in Westbrook, near the luxury apartments.
The stats of the Tetratronic Rippler MK.4 are extremely useful:
- 10 Base RAM;
- 8 Buffer Size;
- 6 mod slots;
- 10 Interface hacks;
- Ultimate quickhacks can spread once;
- The cost of ultimate quickhacks is reduced by 3;
- Hack upload time to enemies and devices is faster by 75%;
- Hack cooldown time is reduced by 45%.
In Cyberpunk 2077 you will find a whole lot of equipment. The stats of the items you find will mostly be random, so you should know what to look for when choosing the right weapons and clothes.
The main weapon in the suggested build will of course be Quickhacks, but some side weapons are always worth having. Since Netrunners operate at a distance, we decided to go for a side sniper rifle. Make sure your weapon offers the highest possible damage per one shot, not DPS (Damage per second). Additional stats of a crafted of found weapon will be mostly random, but it is worth looking for those that increase the chance of a critical hit, critical damage, and the highest damage multiplier at headshot.
While playing Cyberpunk 2077 you will find a whole bunch of clothes, but you should pay special attention to the items with a bonus to the critical hit chance, as well as to critical damage.
The most important mods and cyberware
In Cyberpunk 2077, players can additionally modify cyberware, weapons, and clothing to better suit their character to their play style of choice. When selecting the right cyberware and mods, pay special attention to the ones that increase the chance of a critical hit, critical damage, and headshot damage.
Side weapon mods
There are three options worth considering when you choose your weapon mods: Crunch, Pacifier, and Penetrator.
- Crunch: increases overall weapon damage by 6/7/8/9/10 (depending on mod quality). Can be purchased from any weapon vendor;
- Pacifier: increases critical damage by 6/8/10/12% (depending on mod quality). Can be purchased from any weapon vendor.
- Penetrator: increases critical hit chance by 2/3/4/5/6% (depending on mod quality). Can be purchased from any weapon vendor.
There are three options worth considering when you select your armor mods: Bully, Deadeye, and Fortune.
- Bully: Increases critical damage by 30%. You can find it while doing the main quest I Walk the Line or buy it from a vendor (only at higher character experience level);
- Deadeye: Critical hit chance 15%, Critical damage 30%. Can be purchased e.g. from a clothing vendor in Japantown;
- Fortune: chance of critical hit 15%. Can be bought from vendors in the City Center, at a higher experience level.
Probably the best cyberware for this character build is the Limbic System Enhancement, which can be bought from the Ripperdoc in Westbrook, at the Cherry Blossom Market. With this simple operation you will gain an additional 25% chance of a critical strike.
- Try to avoid fighting and instead kill your opponents with quickhacks, or distract them and then attack them from behind and finish them off;
- If an enemy is out of hacking reach, use a sniper rifle;
- Before starting a fight, use the Breach Protocol Hack to activate the daemons and their respective perks and thus increase your efficiency;
- As you play Cyberpunk 2077 you will come across different enemies: humans and robots. Make sure that your Cyberdeck has quickhacks for every scenario;
- The Short Circuit is an extremely effective quickhack against drones;
- The Weapon Glitch quickhack is useful in fighting stronger enemies and bosses;
- The Cyberware Malfunction quickhack does take a lot of time to activate, but it deals enormous damage.