On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 guide, you will read about one of the suggested complete builds for your character. You'll learn how best to distribute attribute points, what equipment and mods to choose, and what perks to opt for.
In Cyberpunk 2077, you can use many types of weapons and even fight with your bare fists. In this build, however, we will focus on the Katana, a traditional Japanese blade. With the right distribution of attribute points, and with specific perks and mods, you will move around the battlefield like a true samurai and deliver accurate blows with deadly precision.
When you create a character in Cyberpunk 2077, you will be given 7 points to distribute among the five main attributes. It's important to note here that you can't assign them all to one attribute, because the limit of each attribute in the character creator has been set to 6. We suggest distributing the attribute points as follows:
- Reflexes: 6 points;
- Body: 6 points;
- Cool: 4 points.
Make sure you use all available attribute points when creating a new character. If you don't, the unused attribute points will be lost.
The main attributes for this suggested character build in Cyberpunk 2077 will be Reflexes and Body. The rest of the attribute points are worth spending for Cool.
- Reflexes: this attribute is primarily responsible for mobility and critical hit chance (1% per level), but it also unlocks access to the most important blade perks, which are thus closely related to Katanas;
- Body: first and foremost, it increases the damage done by blades (1.5% per level), as well as the character's health and stamina;
- Cool: An additional attribute that is worth investing the remaining points into, but only after you have maxed out the aforementioned main attributes. Cool increases critical damage (2% per level), but also unlocks access to Cold Blood perks.
Below, you will find a detailed list of all of the most important perks that you should pay attention to while developing your character in Cyberpunk 2077. These perks will be crucial and they will greatly affect the efficiency of the Samurai build.
Reflexes - Blades
Sting Like a Bee
The speed of blade attacks is increased by 10%/20%/30%.
When you are equipped with a blade, causing an opponent to bleed or hitting a bleeding opponent regains 7%/10% Health.
Combo attacks with blades have a 15%/30% chance to apply bleeding.
Flight of the Sparrow
The stamina cost of all blade attacks is reduced by 30%/50%.
The chance to inflict critical damage with blades is increased by 20%.
Judge, Jury and Executioner
Damage dealt by blades to targets with full Health is increased by 50%/75%/100%.
Float Like a Butterfly
Dodging increases the damage you deal by 25%/50%.
Duration: 5 seconds.
The damage dealt to the target with a blade increases by 1%/2%/3% for every 1% of health they are missing.
Defeating the enemy with a blade restores 20% Health and increases your movement speed by 30%.
Duration: 5 seconds.
Bleeding effect caused by blades can be applied three times.
Increases crit damage by 25% (1% for each subsequent perk point) when using blades.
Body - Atheltics
Increases health by 10%/20%/30%.
Activates slow regeneration of Health during combat.
Health regenerates to 70%/80%/90% of its maximum value outside of combat.
Your health recovers 25% faster when you move.
Dog of War
Health regeneration during combat is increased by 15%/30%.
Sprinting does not drain stamina.
Health regeneration activates 50%/90% faster during combat.
Enemies can't knock you down.
Body - Annihilation
When you enter combat, your movement speed will increase by 20%.
Duration: 10 seconds.
Hitting an enemy in the torso increases the damage dealt by 10%/20%.
The faster you move, the more damage you deal.
In Cyberpunk 2077 you will find a whole lot of equipment. The stats of the items you find will mostly be random, so you should know what to look for when choosing the right weapons and clothes.
The main weapon in the suggested build will obviously be the Katana, such as e.g. Satori. You can get the iconic Satori Katana during the main quest The Heist - before escaping from Yorinobu's apartment, go to the roof of the building, take out the security guards and take the weapon from the AV which brought Saburo to Konpeki Plaza. Additional stats of the presented weapon, such as increased chance to cause bleeding, chance to critical hit and critical damage, will be extremely useful.
While playing Cyberpunk 2077 you will find a whole bunch of clothes, but you should pay special attention to the items with a bonus to the critical hit chance, as well as to critical damage. The armor stats will also be important - they should be as high as possible.
In Cyberpunk 2077, players can additionally modify cyberware, weapons, and clothing to better suit their character to their play style of choice. When choosing the right modifications, you should pay special attention to the mods that increase the critical hit chance, critical damage, and headshot damage.
Three options are worth considering when you select the weapon mods: Cold Shoulder, White Knuckled, and Scourge.
- Cold Shoulder: increases the weapon's overall damage by 7. Can be purchased from Coach Fred - a melee weapon vendor located in the building where V lives;
- White Knuckled: increases your critical hit chance by 7%. Can be purchased from Coach Fred - a melee weapon vendor located in the building where V lives;
- Scourge: Increases critical damage by 10%. Can be purchased from Coach Fred - a melee weapon vendor located in the building where V lives;
Probably the best operating system for this character build is Militech Berserkr MK 5, which can be purchased from Nina Kraviz at the Medical Assistance clinic in Charter Hill.
You can activate the operating system (E by default) and gain extra boosts for 10 seconds. The cooldown time is 60 seconds.
- Increased armor and resistance by 15%;
- Increased blade damage by 15%;
- Defeating enemies during Berserk restores 5% of your maximum Health;
- When Berserk is active, you gain 40% more Health;
- During Berserk, the maximum stamina increases by 40%.
Devastating Berserk is one of the best operating system mods, which works perfectly with the Militech Berserk MK 5 described before. With this modification, the critical hit chance will be increased by 15% during Berserk. Can be bought from the Ripperdoc in the Kabuki area.
There are three options worth considering when you select your armor mods: Bully, Deadeye, and Fortune.
- Bully: Increases critical damage by 30%. You can find it while doing the main quest I Walk the Line or buy it from a vendor (only at higher character experience level);
- Deadeye: Critical hit chance 15%, Critical damage 30%. Can be purchased e.g. from a clothing vendor in Japantown;
- Fortune: chance of critical hit 15%. Can be bought from vendors in the City Center, at higher character experience levels.
- Although your main weapon is the Katana, it's a good idea to have additional firearms on hand, such as a sniper rifle. This will allow you to quickly eliminate targets that are out of your blade's range;
- Mobility is your biggest advantage, which gives you additional boosts. During combat try to remain in motion at all times to activate selected perks and make it difficult for your enemies to hit you;
- If your character's Health drops to a dangerous level, hide somewhere for a while and heal yourself or wait for it to regenerate;
- If possible, try to eliminate as many opponents as possible silently before going into open combat.