Cyberpunk 2077: Don't Lose Your Mind walkthrough Cyberpunk 2077 guide, walkthrough
Last update: Tuesday, January 12, 2021
On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 guide, you will find a detailed walkthrough of the Don't Lose Your Mind side question. This is the final quest of the Delamain AI storyline. From our walkthrough, you will learn how to pass through Delamain HQ by solving puzzles and avoiding traps. We also describe which endings are available after reaching the AI core.
- Start of the quest
- Passing through the Delamain HQ building
- Choosing the ending - the decision on Delamain AI
Start of the quest
How to start the quest: You have to complete the Epistrophy side mission - to find all 7 cabs and get them back to Delamain HQ.
Continue the game until AI Delamain calls V, from whom you will learn about the problem with the virus in the core. Go to Delamain HQ in Vista Del Rey in Heywood.
Passing through the Delamain HQ building
When you enter Delamain HQ, you will discover that the building was attacked by a computer virus. You cannot use the entrance to the back room. Get out of the building and start walking around it on the right. There are two main ways to get inside:
- Use Technical Ability on closed doors (at least 8 attribute points required)
- Go to the back of the building and climb to get to the roof. You will find a hatch on it.
Starting from here, you can focus only on passing through the building or engage in additional exploration - we recommend the latter option because you can get a lot of loot.
Reach the computer station from the picture. A password blocks it. You can read the code from the mailbox of one of the computers from the previous room, and it is 1234.
After accessing the computer, go to the local network tab and select the remote door opening option. Before you go any further, we recommend you to save the game and prepare a weapon for medium-range combat.
In the largest hall of Delamain HQ, you will meet two threats:
- Flying drones - It is best to get rid of them immediately. They are not very durable and can leave behind valuable crafting components (including legendary quality ones) - it is worth checking where they crash.
- Electricity - This is a much more serious problem. Contact with electricity will cause the immediate death of V, not "standard" injuries. As a result, you have to look for another path to the stairs visible in the distance.
Go to the room on the left, where you will meet at least two more drones. Approach a cab on the lift, which is in motion. Wait for the lift to lower and jump on the cab hood.
Turn 180 degrees and wait for a good moment to jump to the small top shelf. Make another jump, this time to the upper part of the garage.
Turn right and look up. You can jump to a hole in the wall. You will find yourself above the stairs and will bypass the area with electrical discharges. Go forward.
On the metal balcony, another 2 drones are waiting for you. Get rid of them and follow the linear path that will lead you to the new hatch. Open it and go down the ladder.
There are two things you can do in the place from the picture:
- Push the parked cab and try to do a running jump to it. Unfortunately, this is risky because you may touch the electricity.
- Break out one of the two grates on the floor - this is possible if V has at least 5 Body or Technical Ability points. This is a safer, recommended option.
If you have decided to cross the channels, you will eventually reach one of 2 new exits. Do not worry about the red beams, because they won't hurt you. You can easily move the hatch and exit on the other side of the area with discharges.
Locate a ladder to get to the upper balconies. Deal with another drone. Watch out in the place from the picture - you have to jump running to the adjacent balcony, and if you make a mistake, you will fall into the area with electricity and die on the spot.
You will get to the place where you choose the further path:
- You can force the door in front of you. This is possible if you have 10 Body points and this will allow you to complete the quest faster, as you will reach the room adjacent to the core quicker.
- You can start to squeeze through on the right side and choose a roundabout path to your mission goal.
If you chose the right path, you will eventually reach the hangar with cabs. Avoid being hit by them by running on the hangar edges and hiding in small alleys on the way. This way you reach the opposite end of the hangar.
Start walking on large pipes running along the hangar walls. Squeeze through the wall of the room and the hangar wall, then climb to a higher level.
Approach the hole shown in the picture. Jump on the pipes and use the hole. At the very end, jump through a hole into the lower room.
Regardless of the chosen path, you will find yourself in the control room. Here you have to listen to the short speeches of the different AI. Then go to the core room and listen to the conversation with Johnny Silverhand.
Choosing the ending - the decision on Delamain AI
This quest has three endings:
- Destruction of the core in order to free sentient Delamains - you could call it a "good" ending. Shoot the core from any firearm. The "liberated" cabs will escape from Delamain HQ.
- Resetting the core to maintain its integrity - This could be called a "bad" ending. Delamain AI will reset and will not remember the earlier "adventures" of V.
- Forcing a personality to connect with Delamain - You could call it the "best" ending. It is only available if you have at least 10 Intelligence points. Delamain will still remember V.
Regardless of the selected ending, return to the hangar. One vehicle will remain there and the Delamain cab will become the property of V, i.e. you will be able to summon it from your vehicle list.
Depending on the ending you have chosen, you can later receive various messages from Delamain or freed cabs. You can ignore them or respond to them - it will no longer have any meaning except having "unusual" conversations.