This guide page explains how to refund Cyberpunk 2077. You can do that if you are unhappy with the state of the game. We explain how to refund the game on PC (Steam/GOG/Epic Games Store) and if it is possible to refund the game on PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox Series X consoles.
- Refund - Preliminary information
- Help from the game's developers
- PC Steam version
- PC GOG version
- PC Epic Games Store version
- PS4 and PS5 versions from PlayStation Store
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X versions from the Microsoft Store
Refund - Preliminary information
The main reasons why you may want to refund Cyberpunk 2077 are:
- The game doesn't start at all, there are serious graphic artifacts on the screen or the game regularly crashes, making it impossible to play comfortably.
- The game works poorly even in low graphics settings.
- The number of serious bugs and glitches prevents you from enjoying the game.
- The quality of graphics is very unsatisfactory - this problem concerns mainly versions for PS4 and Xbox One consoles, which look much worse than those shown on the promo materials.
- You don't want to wait for patches that will fix the most important bugs and optimize the game for better performance.
The refunding process depends on the hardware platform/store and whether you have a digital or box version.
Help from the game's developers
From December 14, 2020, to December 21, 2020, players can contact CD Projekt RED directly regarding the refund of Cyberpunk 2077. This help can be used mainly by those who:
- Were refused a refund from the seller from whom they purchased the game.
- Have difficulty completing all the steps to refund Cyberpunk 2077.
The studio has prepared a special e-mail address - [email protected]. This e-mail can be used by players of all nationalities.
PC Steam version
If you want to refund a PC version purchased on Steam, you can do that only if you have played Cyberpunk 2077 for less than 2 hours. You also have to ask for a refund within 14 days of purchasing the game. Here is what you have to do:
- Sign in to your Steam account.
- Go to the Technical Support tab.
- Find Cyberpunk 2077 on the list.
- Select a reason for returning the game (e.g. Different expectations) and click on the "I want a refund" button.
- Fill out the form and choose a refund method.
PC GOG version
If you want to return a PC version purchased on GOG, you can use a special refund form:
You must provide your order number, which you received by e-mail along with the confirmation of the purchase.
The important information is that GOG.com allows you to return the game within 30 days without giving a reason, even if the game was installed and played.
PC Epic Games Store version
If you want to return a PC version purchased from the Epic Games Store, you can do that by using the contact form:
The Epic Games Store requires you to send your application within 14 days of the game purchase. An additional requirement is that you can't play the game more than 2 hours.
PS4 and PS5 versions from PlayStation Store
If you have a boxed version of Cyberpunk 2077 for PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, you must return the game to the store or retailer from whom you purchased it. Each such case is treated individually and a refund depends on the goodwill of the seller. If your request was denied, go to Cyberpunk 2077 - Help from the game's developers section.
The digital version of Cyberpunk 2077 was temporarily removed from PlayStation Store on December 18, 2020, due to blatant bugs that made the game impossible or difficult to play. This problem mainly concerns the PS4 version, although the digital version on PS5 has also been temporarily withdrawn.
Sony has prepared a special page on which you can return the digital copy of the game. Its address is:
After opening the page you must log in to your PSN account to start the refund process. It may vary depending on the region and what payment method was used to purchase the game.
Xbox One and Xbox Series X versions from the Microsoft Store
If you have a boxed version of Cyberpunk 2077 for XONE or Xbox Series S / Series X, you must go to the store or retailer from which you purchased the game. Each such case is treated individually and a refund depends on the goodwill of the seller. If your request was denied, go to Cyberpunk 2077 - Help from the game's developers section.
If you have a digital version of Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One or Xbox Series, you must contact Microsoft's/Xbox Store's technical support. Microsoft Store allows you to refund the game or cancel a pre-order on your Order page:
You must select Returned/Refunded and fill in the appropriate document.