On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 guide, you will learn what Braindance is, what are its types, possibilities, and potential threats.
Braindance (BD) is a special, extremely advanced technology that allows you to play back a person's digital memory record. Thanks to this, the user can impersonate someone else, feel the emotions of that person and participate in specific events presented from his or her perspective, as well as play the role of a virtual detective.
In Cyberpunk 2077 there are many types of Braindance. The full list is as follows:
- Penitentiary: related to forced therapy for prisoners. In this way, it's possible to break the inmate's will and instil a willingness to cooperate;
- Club: some clubs offer their clients recordings of concerts and DJ performances;
- Entertainment: recordings related to the broad gameplay such as video games, films, celebrity tracking;
- Erotic: a category that includes recordings with advice for married couples, as well as other, more perverse recordings;
- Black: illegal recordings related to criminal activity - assaults, murders, robberies;
- Therapeutic: aimed at people who have overdosed Braindance. It gives a chance to recover and return to reality.
During playback of a Braindance recording, the player can manipulate memories in many ways. It's possible to observe the scene from a third person's perspective and change camera angles, switch between CCTV cameras, rewind the recording forwards or backwards, and switch between different layers of the recording to examine sound, thermal and visual traces.
Due to the great diversity of Braindances, people who abuse this technology can become addicted. When this happens, only Braindance (BD) recordings evoke real feelings and emotions, and real life seems not worth engaging in. Those who overdose Braindance must take part in special therapy sessions.