This page of the guide explains how and where to place a pre-order for Cyberpunk 2077 and how to cancel a pre-order – refunding Cyberpunk 2077.
- Cancelling pre-order/refund - why?
- Epic Games Store
- PlayStation Store
- Microsoft Store/Xbox Store
- Physical versions
Cancelling pre-order/refund - why?
There are a few reasons for wanting to return the game or cancel a pre-order:
- Disappointment with changes in the design of the game during its production.
- Annoyed by another delay of the premiere.
- Concerns about the poor technical condition of the game on the launch.
- Not having good enough hardware to run the game after learning about its system requirements.
You can pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam. Link to the store page - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091500/Cyberpunk_2077/
If you want to cancel your Steam pre-order, you must:
- Log in and go to https://help.steampowered.com/
- Go to the Transactions tab.
- Find Cyberpunk 2077 on the list.
- Select the reason for canceling the pre-order and click on the "I want a refund" button.
- Fill out the form and choose the method of refund.
If you want to return the game after its world premiere, you can do that if you have played Cyberpunk 2077 for less than 2 hours and if you request a refund within less than 14 days from the time of purchasing the game. Here is what you have to do:
- Sign in to your Steam account.
- Go to the Technical Support tab.
- Find Cyberpunk 2077 on the list.
- Select a reason for returning the game (e.g. Different expectations) and click on the "I want a refund" button.
- Fill out the form and choose a refund method.
You can pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG. Link to the store page - https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077
If you want to return the game or cancel a pre-order on GOG, you can use the special refund form - https://support.gog.com/hc/pl/requests/new?form=orders&product=gog. There, you need to enter your order's number you received in the e-mail confirming the purchase or pre-order.
The important information is that GOG.com allows you to return the game within 30 days without giving a reason, even if the game was installed and played.
Epic Games Store
You can pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 on Epic Game Store. Link to the store page - https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/cyberpunk-2077/home
You can return Cyberpunk 2077 or cancel your pre-order using the contact form - https://www.epicgames.com/help/epic-games-store-c73
You can cancel a pre-order at any time and without additional restrictions. If you want to return the game after its premiere, then you must send a notification within 14 days of its purchase. An additional requirement is that you can't play the game more than 2 hours.
You can pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 and PS5 in the PlayStation Store. Link to the store page - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4497-CUSA16596_00-0000000000000004
PlayStation Store allows you to cancel a pre-order. However, there are two important requirements - the refund request must be submitted the day before the game's launch and you can't download any of the related content.
As for refunding the game after the premiere, you can do that within 14 days since the purchase. The PlayStation Store accepts refunds in exceptional cases, such as when you place an incorrect order or have serious problems with the game. You can find the contact form here - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/get-help/contact-form/#refund-request
Microsoft Store/Xbox Store
You can pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X in the Microsoft Store. Link to the store page - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cyberpunk-2077/bx3m8l83bbrw?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
The Microsoft Store allows you to return the game or cancel a pre-order in the Order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders You must select Request a refund and fill out the appropriate form.
Cyberpunk 2077 is also available in physical versions for all hardware platforms - PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox series X. To cancel a pre-order, you must contact the stationary or online store where you placed the pre-order.
Note - If you plan to cancel the Collector's Edition, you should be aware that its number is severely limited. Buying it again may be difficult or impossible.