In Cyberpunk 2077, you will encounter a variety of different characters. It is a world full of diversity, change, and interesting improvements. You shouldn't be surprised if you'll encounter people of different skin colors, having diverse styles, manifested through clothes, earrings, tattoos, and implants. This world is so diverse that sometimes it is difficult to understand it. On the next page of the guide, you'll find a brief description of these obvious and less obvious character classes available in the world. You will also find out if Cyberpunk 2077 offers an option to change the main character's class.
Main classes in Cyberpunk 2077
In Cyberpunk 2077 you cannot select the main character's class. The system of classes / archetypes known from the paper RPG isn't in the game. This is because the authors wanted to offer a flexible class system, one in which the player can adjust the style of play based on their own preferences.
In Cyberpunk 2077 it is possible to create e.g. a character specialized in fighting, hacking or stealth. It is also possible to create the so called hybrid-characters, which combine various features of classes known from the textbook version of Cyberpunk.
The development of the main character is done through:
- Distributing points between 5 main attributes.
- Developing skills related to particular attributes.
- Distribution of perks points between perks available on each skill tree.
- Equipping your character with ever better weapons, pieces of armor and implants.
We have described this process in more detail on the page Character development in a nutshell
In Cyberpunk 2077 you also chose the character's origin i.e. the main character's past. V - the central character of the game - could have been a nomad, streetkid, or corporate in the past.
A separate prologue has been prepared for each of the origins, and during the actual game, unique dialogue and options may appear. However, the choice of origin should not be treated as a choice of class. This decision does not affect the main character's statistics in any way.
For more information on the origins and the importance of this choice, see Character origin - does it matter? page.
Classes / archetypes of characters in the Cyberpunk universe
Below you will find information about the classes in the Cyberpunk universe present in the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG textbooks.
- Rockman is a music lover who, with his rhythm, evokes a desire to fight the system;
- Cop – obeys the law and attempts to fight crime which reappears daily in Night City.
- born warrior;
- army member;
- likes to take risks;
- willing to give his life for his ideals;
- has a knack for finding trouble;
- trained, athletic;
- born leader.
- hated by both rich and poor;
- living at a very fast pace;
- constantly developing;
- without friends.
- believes in the mind, not mindless strength;
- has contacts;
- collection and information retrieval whizz
- doesn't pay attention to rules;
- nomadic lifestyle;
- no perspectives;
- ready to cooperate with other people who are on his level.
- connected to cyberspace;
- a great source of information;
- in good relations with Fixers.