Cyberpunk 2077 is a game that most people will associate with hundreds of killed or destroyed enemies. But your adventure doesn't have to look like that. On this page of the game guide, we answer the question if it is possible to finish the game without killing other characters and if fighting bosses in Cyberpunk 2077 is obligatory.
- Can I finish the game without killing other characters?
- How to avoid killing enemies?
- Do I have to kill bosses?
Can I finish the game without killing other characters?
Yes, although this will be quite difficult to achieve. You must remember the following things:
- You have to stun your enemies instead of killing them - more information you'll find later on the page.
- You should look for opportunities to use stealth and to hack, as well as use paths to avoid your enemies.
- You should look for opportunities to complete quests in ways that do not involve fighting. This can be done, for example, by leading a conversation in the right way or completing the mission's objective in an alternative way.
- You must try to avoid boss fights or use stunning techniques in these fights - more about that later on.
How to avoid killing enemies?
The most obvious way is to avoid confrontation with opponents by evading or not approaching them. It is worthwhile to try to improve your V Stealth skills, but hacking can also help you:
- The Ping quickhack is able to mark all opponents connected to the network. This can make it easier for you to maneuver between them.
- You can also use a hack to distract your enemies. As the opponent approaches the hacked machine or TV, you will be able to pass unnoticed.
Complete avoidance of enemies is unfortunately not always possible and is additionally associated with the "loss" of experience points obtained by killing opponents. The ideal solution, in this case, is to use Non-Lethal techniques.
You can try to stun your opponent in close combat without relying on your weapons. This is possible in a number of ways. Sneaking to the opponent from behind will activate an option to chose the next action. You can then decide whether you want to strangle him and knock him out (Non-Lethal) or you want to break his neck and kill him (Lethal).
Non-Lethal techniques are also available for V's equipment. You can:
- Install weapons modifications that change their effect to stunning.
- Install cyberwares modifications that will stun your enemies.
- Use grenades and other gadgets with a stunning / blinding / sleeping effect.
Do I have to kill bosses?
Killing bosses in Cyberpunk 2077 is not required, although to leave them alive, you have to act unusually.
- You can try to completely avoid fighting the boss. The game can allow this by playing a quest or leading a conversation in the right way. It is a good idea to save the game often and reload it if you make a mistake dealing with a boss.
- After starting the fight with a boss, there may be an opportunity to escape. This is not possible if the battle takes place in a closed room or arena.
- You can use the above-mentioned Non-Lethal techniques. You will still have to defeat the boss and decrease their health, although a duel will end not with his death but a knockout.