In Cyberpunk 2077, you will come across a variety of characters. Some of them have open hearts and desire to romance with your hero. V can try to win the heart of his loved one, however first he needs to wrap his head around a few things. On this page of our guide to Cyberpunk 2077, we talk about the story – you will learn who you can romance, what determines whether a character can be romanced, , and whether you can use the services of sex workers in the game.
- List of characters – romance and sex
- Do the characters have certain sexual orientations?
- Why I cannot romance him/her?
- Does Cyberpunk 2077 have a brothel?
- Can I change my gender and start new romances?
List of characters – romance and sex
Below is a list of people with whom you can sleep with and/or have an affair.
- Judy Alvarez – Judy is a woman. You can romance her only when your V has a female body and a female voice.
- Meredith Stout – Meredith is a woman. Romance (if you can call it that) is always available.
- Panam Palmer - Panam is a woman. This romance is possible only for V's with a male body.
- Kerry Eurodyne - Kerry is a man. This romance is possible only for V's with a male body and male voice.
- River Ward – River is a man. This romance is possible only for V's with a female body.
- Alt Cunningham - Alt is a woman. Her role in the game is quite unusual. She is related to Johnny Silverhand (check out Alt's page for more information).
- Rogue Amendiares - Rogue is a woman. Romance with her is unusual because she is interested in Johnny Silverhand, not V (an explanation of this can be found on the page about Rogue).
- Joytoy – This is a unique category. V can visit brothels and spend some time with Joytoys regardless of body type(male or female).
Do the characters have certain sexual orientations?
Yes, each of the mentioned characters you can romance have a fixed sexual preference. This means that you won't be able to romance 100% of the NPCs on our list during a single playthrough. When playing as a male V, you will be able to have up to 3 romances. A female V will have up to 2 romances.
Two factors influence the chances of romance:
1) The body type selected at the very beginning of the character creator (picture above). You can choose between a male and female body type.
2) The tone of voice selected in the character creator. You can choose a masculine or a feminine voice type.
Note - Try to adjust your body to the tone of your voice, i.e. play a character with a male body and a masculine voice or a character with a female body and female voice. Otherwise, you won't be able to romance Judy or River.
Why I cannot romance him/her?
If despite your efforts, you can't romance or sleep with a specific character, this can be caused by:
- That character isn't available for romance.
- You play a character with a wrong body type/tone of voice. If you have any problems, see the "List of characters – romance and sex" section.
- You acted in the wrong way in one of the previous quests. This is very important information – you can fail to romance someone if you make bad decisions in quests in which these characters appear.
Does Cyberpunk 2077 have a brothel?
Yes. The game enables you to use the services of prostitutes. This isn't affected by your gender or reputation. In such situations, the only thing that matters is the size of your wallet. This topic is described in more detail on a separate page titled Joytoys - how to pay?
Can I change my gender and start new romances?
No, this is not possible for one simple reason – the game does not provide the option of changing the gender, i.e. changing the body type or the tone of voice. Remember that when creating a new character and you are planning to romance a particular character (e.g. Judy).