This page of our Cyberpunk 2077 guide contains world maps (Night City map, Night City sewers map) as well as basic data regarding the map, secrets, and districts found in the game. Our world will be constantly updated with new information will appear.
- Night City map - the city's grounds
- Night City map - the subway tunnels
- Where does the action of the game takes place?
- How big is the world in the game?
- How many neighborhoods are in the game?
- You can visit the whole city from the beginning of the game.
- Is it possible to enter all locations?
- What happens when you reach the edge of the world map?
- Ways of traveling around the world
- Public transportation
Night City map - the city's grounds
The above picture shows a preview of Cyberpunk 2077's world map. It comes from the cover of the deluxe edition of World of Cyberpunk 2077, so it shouldn't be considered as the final version of the Night City map. It is very likely that the cover picture doesn't include some areas, such as the northern edge of the city or the Badlands around Night City. It also doesn't show the metro network (see the picture below).
The important information is that Cyberpunk 2077 allows players to explore many buildings of Night City - some of them will be rather extensive offering multiple floors. This should greatly increase the time spent on the game - you don't have to worry that you will explore all locations within the first few hours.
Night City map - the subway tunnels
The above image shows the map of the subway tunnels in Night City. This picture appeared in one of the trailers for Cyberpunk 2077. As you can see, this is a very extensive network, and we can assume that players will spend some time underground exploring new locations, shelters, rooms with loot or unique transitions to areas located on the surface.
Where does the action of the game takes place?
The game takes place in a fictional city called Night City. It is a metropolis located between Los Angeles and San Francisco, in the state of California.
How big is the world in the game?
The world map in Cyberpunk 2077 will likely be smaller from that of The Witcher 3, which offered areas of about 46 square kilometers. However, there are a few important things to note here:
- In The Witcher 3, most of the map is occupied by forests, glades, mountains or ponds. In Cyberpunk 2077, the majority of the map consists of one big metropolis, where all the places that we can explore are close to each other.
- The world map in The Witcher 3 was mostly flat, which meant that we rarely explored multi-level locations. In Cyberpunk 2077, the authors paid great attention to verticality. We can enter many buildings found in the city and explore their different floors.
- The Witcher 3 has dungeons that aren't connect directly to each other. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature an expanded network of subway tunnels running beneath Night City. It is highly probable that exploring the entire subway network will take us a lot of time.
How many neighborhoods are in the game?
The city is divided into 6 districts: City Center, Watson, Westbrook, Heywood, Pacifica and Santo Domingo. Moreover, the city is surrounded by Badlands which can be visited during the game.
You can visit the whole city from the beginning of the game.
The world of the game is freely and completely accessible from the beginning of the game. However, remember that the game does not offer level-scaling. This means that if you enter a high-level location, the enemies can turn out to be too powerful, killing with a single shot/attack.
Is it possible to enter all locations?
No, the game will have locations that aren't available by default. To explore them we may have to, for example, start or complete a specific quest.
What happens when you reach the edge of the world map?
Cyberpunk 2077 will, unfortunately, have a mechanism similar to that from The Witcher 3 where the hero gets moved back after they reach the edges of the world map. The game will also display information that this is the end of the world map.
Ways of traveling around the world
You can move on foot, by car, motorcycle, or use a fast travel option. Water vehicles or planes are not usable (despite some missions).
Cyberpunk 2077 will offer access to taxis and Uber drivers. Thanks to them, we will be able to make our way through the city.