On this page you will find detailed walkthrough for unlocking the golden trophy "On Cloud 99" in Crash Bandicoot for PlayStation 4. The trophy is awarded for amassing 99 lives.
The current number of lives can be checked by pressing the inventory button (Triangle - picture 1) or by selecting the load and save menu (picture 2). The new lives can be obtained in two ways:
- By collecting Crash tokens from chests with his face painted.
- By amassing apples - 100 apples provide 1 additional life.
Below are some pieces of advice that are helpful in obtaining this trophy:
- Keep this trophy in mind from the beginning of the game and play in such way so that you will get it as fast as possible. You can't completely block the possibility to unlock this trophy, but if you, for example, lose all lives, then collecting 99 of them will take much time.
- Try to die as rarely as possible in each level (preferably don't die at all). Before each new level you should manually create a save. If you die too much time in a level, then leave it, load the game and try the level again.
- MANDATORILY look for opportunities to start bonus rounds (by collecting tokens with portraits of other characters and using portals). In each bonus round you can collect a few extra lives. What's more important, dying in a bonus round doesn't take away your lives. You can repeat the bonuses until you complete them.
- If you completed all levels and still you don't have 99 lives, start repeating early simple levels where it is hard to die.
Warning - If you already got a Green Gem (complete The Lost City level and destroy all chests without dying) then you can easily get a lot of additional lives. Start Castle Machinery level from Cortex Island. The place in which you can place the Gem is right next to the starting point (the picture above). This activates an elevator that goes up and there you can find a lot of additional life tokens.